Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 SD TCS Patch Issues

Hi Mike,

actually, no. I came down with a bit of a cold and got side tracked on a cold start problem. I'll have a go tomorrow and see what happens. I think it'll still be there though.

Simon.

A trend is emerging on the E38 that TCS off is more like, TCS sort of off. I'll look in to it when I get back to Aus next week.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks Ross. I'll have a bit more of a play to see if there is any trends. If it gets too bad I'll just turn it off for now.

Simon

Lifetime Member

If you want logs I have a few others I could send you Ross showing the spark retard happening under constant speed or under tps accel movement. I logged Spark traction control DMA pid and it was definately that pid that was causing the problem. B2522 is the ONLY thing that "deactivates" it. Its still actually working but you are commanding zero torq retard by spark as a maximum.
    Mike
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

ok, thanks, that helps.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I've got the car back on wednesday for a week, Ross...is there anything you would like me to check or TEST with the traction control issues. I can log stuff and e-mail results etc.

Mike

I removed the patch from my car and it removed the issue.

Lifetime Member

bump

I've been doing a bit of testing on mine and found that if I dull down the TCS settings a a fair bit, I don't get the problem when TCS it switched off. It does meant the it's much less aggressive when turned on though. In particular, I've got the following...

B2501 = 650
    B2502 = 0
    B2503 = 90
    B2504 = 35

I do still get a fairly rough toque control hit if TCS is on and I go for a quick gear change. I still have to work that one out.

Simon

Lifetime Member

try lowering the b2522 table from 100's to 50's or even 25's and see what that does.....
    With everything else set to "no" I'm left with spark retard hitting between 1000 to 1800rpm only when at a constant speed pulling up to 10 to 20 deg every 5 to 10 times a second. Really annoying. This is with b2522 set to all "100"s. "0"s in this table stops the problem.
    Mike
    update been out for a drive and found that even setting b2522 to "10"s still allow spark retard to cause this problem pulling up to 20 deg at times. Also it won't do it in 1st gear at all, 2nd gear only a little but now and then but as soon as you change into 3rd aways it goes with spark retard going nuts at light throttle. Get over 1800rpm and it goes away. Back to the drawing board.....
    Last edited by The Alchemist; March 28th, 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast