Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: E38 SD TCS Patch Issues

Sounds good. Thanks. So what your saying is that the TCS in the ECM doesn't need addresed as stated in this thread? I'm taking these guy's have GTO's and it doesn't apply to trucks?
    2004 GMC CC D-Max
    EFI,Tranny,and a couple other goodies.

Lifetime Member

I cant speak for TCS, Im talking TM here. There are ECM and TCM parts for TM, Id assume the same for TCS. You want to turn Traction Control off? I guess if hitting the button all the time gets old but why else?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I cant speak for TCS, Im talking TM here. There are ECM and TCM parts for TM, Id assume the same for TCS. You want to turn Traction Control off? I guess if hitting the button all the time gets old but why else?

I def want the t/m off The reading i've done tells me that the tcs is pulling timing and my dad's truck has a terrible dead spot when you punch it and also after it shifts into 2nd. Just don't know why it builds all this rpm and speed in 1st then just turns into a turd after the shifts. Thought maybe the tcs was causing this fall on it's face symptom.
    2004 GMC CC D-Max

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by lb7diesel View Post
    I def want the t/m off The reading i've done tells me that the tcs is pulling timing and my dad's truck has a terrible dead spot when you punch it and also after it shifts into 2nd. Just don't know why it builds all this rpm and speed in 1st then just turns into a turd after the shifts. Thought maybe the tcs was causing this fall on it's face symptom.
    Thats TM, TCS only pulls timing when you dont have traction so hopefully you dont spin out.

Email me your tune man!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lb7diesel View Post
    Have u disabled spark smoothing, this is what my car did. Turned it off, problem gone.

Good Luck

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Thats TM, TCS only pulls timing when you dont have traction so hopefully you dont spin out.

Email me your tune man!
    Scarab, I fig out the T/M. I have it shifting firm and quick without much shift lag ( Takes us diesel guy's a bit longer than you gas tuners). What I'd like to work on now is figure out what table/table's are reducing power on launch. The truck won't even power brake the factory 20's and is a turd out of the hole. Could this be TCS pulling power/timing? Thanks for the continued help

Quote Originally Posted by hymey View Post
    Have u disabled spark smoothing, this is what my car did. Turned it off, problem gone.

Good Luck

Joel
    Joel, I read this thread and tried to apply what was said into my dad's ECM. After applying what was said here into the TCS tables I had to go out and rescue pop's b/c his truck shut down in rush our traffic on the test run

I will disable spark smoothing and try that. What other tables should I be changing. I got a little confused on the Yes/No TCS parameters. Pardon my ignorance.

Joey
    2004 GMC CC D-Max

Quote Originally Posted by crisalex View Post
    hey frndz I want info about TCS plz help…
    What year/model/vehicle do you have, and which ECM...?

What is your engine RPO...?

Which FlashScan do you have...?

Joe, the guy was a spammer
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok, thanks, it's hard to tell sometimes.

Lifetime Member

These people must be astonishingly bored!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456