Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E38 VVT to a E67 VVT is it possible

Default E38 VVT to a E67 VVT is it possible

hello guys i need your imput in this tuff choice

can i swap the stock tune w/VVT program from a 2007 escalade that comes with a E38 ecm
    to a E67 ecm. i need to know i have a guy doing my harness right now and hes asking me if i want to keep the vvt stuff. i said yes but he said no.
    he said in order for me to keep the vvt i need to use a e38 ecm. heres a copy and paste of his email maybe you'll understand a little better.

Okay, you have a choice to make, either the truck is gonna work and your gauges will funciton along with ABS, OR, the VVT will work.
    In order to make the truck work ,it'll take an E67 and proper programming.
    In order for the VVT to work, it'll take the E38 which uses different connectors than the E67, and can not be programmed to make your gauges function.

so what i'm doing right now is swaping a 2007 6.2L L92 vvt engine into my 1999 chevy s10 blazer. if this this helps.

E67 is more than capable of doing VVT, the problem is there is no factory E67 6.2L program.
    I would go with the E67 and work on getting the VVT working after it's it (we can probably help there).

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    E67 is more than capable of doing VVT, the problem is there is no factory E67 6.2L program.
    I would go with the E67 and work on getting the VVT working after it's it (we can probably help there).

Cheers,
    Ross
    the guy is doing my harness and i need to let him know e38 or e67
    i looked at both ecm's and the plugs are different one had less pins
    so for now i told him to make it for a e38 and i'll use the stock computer from the 1999 blazer to control the guages.

GMPX you think i could get the VVT working with the E67 .
    are you sure
    i really want to keep the VVT
    Last edited by nycblazer; March 2nd, 2008 at 02:45 PM.

anyone

nycblazer, I do battle to keep up with all forms of support, spending a whole day (or more) transferring over VVT into the E67 probably was a little optimistic for me to say.

I still would have gone with the E67, at least you can get it working at a later day but use it to run the cluster.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

ok i'll get the ecm harness made for the e67 hopefully i can get the VVT and maybe the DOD going too.

let me know if you find or got to add the VVT to the E67

thank you soo much for your input

We do currently have VVT controls in the E67, but only the main tables, there will be some underlying this that will need to be set up.
    We'll work on this with you when the engine is in and running.

Cheers,
    Ross

for now i'm still waiting on my harness to show up. the guy doing my harness said he will leave the VVT wires out because he doesent know where to pin them up to on a E67 ecm
    so as soon as i get this engine running let's see what we can do with the VVT stuff, and maybe also the DOD that'll be nice also to have.

thanks for your help GMPX

ok i got my e67 harness for my 2007 escalade 6.2L engine mated to a t-56. where do i pin the vvt wires to.
    i was looking at a 2007 cadilac cts-v stock tune would it work for my application. its a 6.0L VVT e67 with a t-56 i think it should work.
    i just need to find out where to pin out the VVT wires.

You mean you don't have a wiring schematic to follow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast