Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E38 VVT to a E67 VVT is it possible

my harness was made from scratch by current performance.
    it was made to adapt the 2007 6.2L L92 engine with a t-56 to a 1999 4 door blazer.
    so where would i get the schematic for both.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    nycblazer, I do battle to keep up with all forms of support, spending a whole day (or more) transferring over VVT into the E67 probably was a little optimistic for me to say.

I still would have gone with the E67, at least you can get it working at a later day but use it to run the cluster.

Cheers,
    Ross
    gmpx

i did go with the e67 ecm and harness, did you get to finish transfering the VVT into the e67.
    i know your a busy man and thank you soo much for all your help.
    thanks
    junior

E67 is more than capable of doing VVT, the problem is there is no factory E67 6.2L program.
    I would go with the E67 and work on getting the VVT working after it's it (we can probably help there).

Cheers,
    Ross
    i went with the e67 and its on my L92 engine now, but what program should i run
    it with

spending a whole day (or more) transferring over VVT into the E67 probably was a little optimistic for me to say.

I still would have gone with the E67, at least you can get it working at a later day but use it to run the cluster.

Cheers,
    Ross
    i got everything hooked up, the clusters are working fine now. i'm just trying to get it started with a 2007 ctv-v tune for now because it uses the e67. i need some help here, it really is kicking my butt.

here is the cts-v tune

http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....1&d=1210678918

and the 6.2L VVT tune

http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/T...012614088).tun
    Last edited by nycblazer; May 13th, 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Lifetime Member

I think you will have to do some segment swapping to make it work, I dont know how to do it but from what it sounds like you need an E67 ECM and a T42 trans controller to make it work. Hopefully someone can help you out as you need the E38 6.2L settings in a E67 6L tune...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

400 + views and no one knows the big question. did i ask a $$$$ question? everyone wants to know the answer. even me.

some one is gonna make alot of money if they figure this one out. remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by nycblazer View Post
    400 + views and no one knows the big question. did i ask a $$$$ question? everyone wants to know the answer. even me.

some one is gonna make alot of money if they figure this one out. remember that.

This has bothered me for a long time, as a harness builder specializing in Colorado/Canyon Hummer H3 swaps I'd love E67 VVT tune for a T-56, I get requests all the time! and don't have a proper solution!

Hp tuners has a option to enable the VVT in the 07 Cts-v tune but I'm 100 positive that wont actually work? Any production based E67 VVT tune uses 12633264 pcm, and I'm pretty sure even if the codes correct in a 2009 and prior E67 the VVT won't work, as the pcm doesn't have the hardware. Loading a 09 and prior tune into a 2010 12633264 pcm will likely brick it!

I tired a 2010 CTS-v tune, and a 2010 Camaro tune but neither have the class 2 gauges working? As they are CAN based platforms. I've looked at the raw code of the CTs-v and the Colorado canyon code, and they are layed out quite differently, I did my best to offset the code and find the differences in the shifted files, and swapped segments, I did something right as it thankfully didn't brick the PCM! But it also didn't make the gauges work either.. so I'm at a loss with that for now..

The only other option I can think of is using the 2010 Canyon/Colorado V8 OS and trying the automatic/manual switch that hp tuners has implemented but it doesn't seem to work 100 percent engine still stumbles because its not receiving the clutch signal? When coating down, And cruise doesn't work. I'm not sure if this guy didn't try a 08-12 Colorado 0-5 volt clutch switch? And try wiring it to the same positions as a 2.9L/3.7L manual trans Colorado/Canyon

Someone who has a DBF cough..cough Efi live.. can probably determine how to turn on the reverse lockout for the t-56, set from manual to automatic, turn on the 0-5volt clutch switch feeds, for starting and cruise! Or enable class 2 functions and gauge outputs on the 2010 CTS-v file??

Please someone help, I will help with anyway that I can! Bench testing, bin file code changes, you name it.. maybe some cash donations.. would help to efi live? I would be totally happy having to pay 150.00 for a custom OS that efi live sells to make this work... think of all the profits you could make, I know there are guy with S10s, and Colorado/Canyons that would love for this two work!

As a bonus if you go the route of enabling class 2 functions on a Cts-v then you can run a supercharged V8 with all factory functions in a Colorado/canyon, and S10!!

I've exhausted a lot of time and energy into this, I just don't have the know how that the team at efi live has!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycblazer View Post

LOL - no significant money to be made here, at least not directly. The R&D costs were profit prohibitive.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    ... I tired a 2010 CTS-v tune, and a 2010 Camaro tune but neither have the class 2 gauges working? As they are CAN based platforms. I've looked at the raw code of the CTs-v and the Colorado canyon code, and they are layed out quite differently, I did my best to offset the code and find the differences in the shifted files, and swapped segments ...
    All Gen 4 platforms are CANBus based - but different platforms use different methods when Serial Data (Class 2) communications are needed. The most common option seems to be that the BCM handles this task. Serial Data (Class 2) output to the IPC may be enabled on most E67 operating systems.

... Someone can probably determine how to turn on the reverse lockout for the t-56, set from manual to automatic, turn on the 0-5volt clutch switch feeds, for starting and cruise! Or enable class 2 functions and gauge outputs on the 2010 CTS-v file??
    Yes - all of these may be enabled / disabled on most E67 operating systems. The Starter Control algorithms and Cruise Control algorithms are a bit complicated (and partially interdependent).

... Please someone help, I will help with anyway that I can! Bench testing, bin file code changes, you name it.. maybe some cash donations.. would help to efi live? I would be totally happy having to pay 150.00 for a custom OS that efi live sells to make this work... think of all the profits you could make, I know there are guy with S10s, and Colorado/Canyons that would love for this two work!
    There are no real profits for these endeavours when you have to attempt to recoup the R&D costs. I would need to sell 100 packages with a $1000 premium added to the already hefty price tag - just to recover the R&D costs.

... As a bonus if you go the route of enabling class 2 functions on a Cts-v then you can run a supercharged V8 with all factory functions in a Colorado/canyon, and S10!!
    It is easier to enable all of the Supercharger control functions in the Colorado tune.

... I've exhausted a lot of time and energy into this, I just don't have the know how that the team at efi live has!
    LOL - let me know when you surpass 2000 hours and $100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    All Gen 4 platforms are CANBus based - but different platforms use different methods when Serial Data (Class 2) communications are needed. The most common option seems to be that the BCM handles this task. Serial Data (Class 2) output to the IPC may be enabled on most E67 operating systems.

Yes - all of these may be enabled / disabled on most E67 operating systems. The Starter Control algorithms and Cruise Control algorithms are a bit complicated (and partially interdependent).

There are no real profits for these endeavours when you have to attempt to recoup the R&D costs. I would need to sell 100 packages with a $1000 premium added to the already hefty price tag - just to recover the R&D costs.

It is easier to enable all of the Supercharger control functions in the Colorado tune.

LOL - let me know when you surpass 2000 hours and $100,000.

Lots of great info here, thanks for the fast response

I had no idea that would cost so much!!

You don't have to implement the code into efi's program if that's a hassle at least until we prove that it works? That's the beauty of efi, part of the reason why I like it so much, is that it lets me work with bin files, that I can change the code on, providing we know what to change? There is a chance that just enabling the IPC class 2 output is all that's needed to make the CTs-v or Camaro OS work. Is that something that could be added to efi's program or could you let me know the hex address of the Boolean and or code changes for it, and I'll test it out, and if it works it can be added to efi's program down the road for others to use?

I wish I had a 100,000 to donate to it, but I'm sorry I do not, it feels like a insult I'm sure to offer 150.00 again, but that's all I can afford unless customers want to pay me 99,850 for my harnesses

Anyway thanks again for your time, and thank you EFI live for all the changes that we can make, and for the constant support of newer vehicles, I've done some incredible things with this software, and couldn't be happier with it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast