Thread: 12200411 Injectors 50#

Default 12200411 Injectors 50#

Having read a few threads about issues with injector swaps does anybody have a confirmed part number for 50# injectors that will work with the 12200411 PCM? I assume some of the issues people have with the swap are due to different opening times and voltage correction factors. Any recommendations most welcome. Just trying to find an injector that is a known good replacement.

Thanks,

John

I've found a lot of the chatter about injector offsets is largely irrelevant with most top quality injectors. I replaced the stock injectors with Bosch 36-pounders from Cody Motorsports, adjusted the IFR table and everythig works as it should. I think a lot of the problems people have is a result of them buying the cheapest injectors they can find and expecting them to work properly. I'm not talking about paying a high price for a specific brand, I'm referring to buying low cost off-brand, mismatched or used injectors. Keep in mind that most injectors are rated at 3 bar and LS enignes run at 4 bar. Also note that resistance of all high impedance injectors is not the same.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Thanks for the input. I don't mind buying quality injectors, just thought I would ask for opinions from anyone happy with their swap.

John

Hello def1,
    I have a 98 vette w/L92 427, w/LS7 injectors and except for some air/fuel issues the stock settings for every thing except IFR, worked well. I was surprised at how well the injectors work with some math. I agree that good injectors are the way to go. You sound like someone from MTI racing. Apart from Idle issues its amazing how easy some operating systems are to tune. Its nice to hear someone not making things complicated.
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

I was a big SVO fan but later results with the new Gen 4 small injectors are significantly better. They seem to have a better spray pattern for the LS heads and that makes the idle more stable and no rich puff from fuel puddles. Mileage is better.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

GMJohn- I didn't mean to imply that you were looking for the cheap way out, merely that there is something to be said for buying quality components designed for a specific application. I'm not sure what the deal is with SVO injectors-- some people have no problems with them, others have nothing but problems.

98 Tigershark-- No, I'm not from MTI Racing, although I used to do some tuning for them many years ago (L98s and LT1s). Obviously I've been doing this stuff for a lot of years, and I've always found that a simple approach is the best. Some tuners seem to be convinced they have to make a major production out of every aspect of tuning. They just don't seem to grasp the fact that you have to give an engine what it wants-- fuel, air and spark in the proper amounts, at the proper time.

Bruce-- I agree about the injectors. Every time we've run a set of the Bosch/GM "pencil" injectors on the flow bench, they're right on the money and had a great spray pattern.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

dfe1- No offense taken. (Didn't remotely take it that way)

I'm leaning toward the Bosch 'Pencil' from the sounds of it.

Thanks to everyone for the input, now on to do some shopping.

John