Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Tuning - Step-by-Step

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patches
    OK, thanks, Joel, there's one value I did not change - MAF High Freqency Fail Limit {C2902} to "1".

I'm not getting the MIL because of the disabled P0103, P0102 and P0103 DTC MIL Enablers are set to No MIL per the AutoTune instructions posted here.

I take it you left your MAF connector plugged in in OLSD and it was still disabled with the IAT functional???

Thanks.

Ed
    I left the P0103 MIL on... if it's displayed you are in SD.

My MAF is still plugged in. The IAT is functional and my MAF still reports - but it is in SD. I had the "Reduced Engine Power" until I set the Fail limit to "1".

You will love the throttle response!!
    Good Luck!

Cheers,
    joel

Great - I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by bink
    I would set both the MAF High Freqency Fail 1 {C2901} and the MAF High Freqency Fail Limit {C2902} to "1". This insures that it drops into SD at the 1st failure. FWIW.

Let me know how it goes. Good Luck.

Cheers,
    joel
    I have updated the document with the fail limit information. FWIW, the custom OS I'm running uses c2903 for that parameter.

My OS uses the {C2903} parameter label also. Go figure.

Thanks TAQuickness.[/quote]

This morning I changed the MAF High Freqency Fail Limit {C2903} to 1, uploaded the tune, started the car cold and got the same very rough-running behavior and codes. The car idled at between 500-600 and bucked pretty good. This time I let it continue to run but less than 3 minutes in, it died. While it runs, the throttle has almost no response so I can't try and get the rpm's up to keep it going. I uploaded the original tune and all's well again.

Any ideas? Could it be my drilled TB? Or was the 15% VE bump too much? My idle is normally set at 925.

try scaling your 400, 800, 1200 rows in the VE down by 15%.

What was your WB AFR while you were idling? Better yet, can you email that log to TAQuickness@houston.rr.com?

Just got it to work. It was a combination of scaling the VE table by -15% and the IFR table by +20.3%

It's warming up now so I'm loggong and going for a drive. Sounds great so far.

Thanks.

Regarding the autotune doc; it seems like the screen grab for "Data filters" has an extra "<empty filter item>" that could be removed. Also, the title says "TPS Moves too Fast & Low Coolant Temp" but it seems it would be more accurate to say "TPS Moves too Fast or Low Coolant Temp".

The doc says that after autotuning, LTFTs should be good (-4 to 0) for a closed loop SD tune. Would the same be true for a MAF tune?

What is the procedure for calibrating the wideband? I have a PLX M-300 which does not seem to require hardware calibration. Is there some kind of calibration I need to do with EFIlive?

(In case I haven't mentioned it before, this is all very slick!)

Quote Originally Posted by leres
    Regarding the autotune doc; it seems like the screen grab for "Data filters" has an extra "<empty filter item>" that could be removed. Also, the title says "TPS Moves too Fast & Low Coolant Temp" but it seems it would be more accurate to say "TPS Moves too Fast or Low Coolant Temp".
    Please email me your screen shots and I will update the doc.

The doc says that after autotuning, LTFTs should be good (-4 to 0) for a closed loop SD tune. Would the same be true for a MAF tune?
    If you are running CL w/ MAF, then yes, you will still want your LTFT's in the -4 - 0 range

What is the procedure for calibrating the wideband? I have a PLX M-300 which does not seem to require hardware calibration. Is there some kind of calibration I need to do with EFIlive?
    WB calibration is vendor specific. Nothing to calibrate on the Flashscan box that I'm aware of

(In case I haven't mentioned it before, this is all very slick!)

Default Closed Loop SD and BEN Numbers

Right now I am running Closed Loop SD. I am still logging my BEN and was wondering if I can still use these numbers just like I did when I was AutoTuning? Most of the numbers are around 1.0 but some are not as close probaly because I did not have enough data logged. I only logged about 3 hours of data and tried to hit every cell I could but some were hard to hit.
    I was also thinking of just going to Open Loop all the time.
    What does everyone think?

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast