Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LH6 to LS2 DBW no throttle operation

Default LH6 to LS2 DBW no throttle operation

Hi guys,
    I converted an LH6 Envoy DOD engine to fit under the hood of a Volvo. Had to use an LS2 GTO intake and throttle body to fit under the hood. Starts fine but no throttle operation. I'm wondering if the pedal/throttle body isn't compatible with the ecm from the truck. GTO gas pedal sensor also. Have triple checked wiring to the ecm/pedal sensor 3 times. Kind of lost.
    Thanks, John

Ok how about the same question less polluted!
    What is needed to utilize LS2 GTO intake/TB in place of truck tall intake from LH6? Can't believe I'm the first to try this. I have 2 E40's. Will try anything.
    Thanks! John

Default Bump.

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like what you said: pedal/TB is not compatible with that ECM.

So if I can find a comparable OS I should be good to go? I wonder what has a GTO TB and 5.3 DOD. I full flashed a GTO OS but wouldn't even crank even after deleting the VATS.

Well think about it for me if you will and thanks for the help.

John

Unhappy

So Joecar,

Last night I flashed the 5.3 E40 with a complete operating system from an 06 GTO which I own. Seems I'm not able to install complete OS for some reason. Today I'll take the E40 from the GTO and delete the VATS and try it in the 5.3 Volvo. If it works I'm off to my Chev dealer to have them flash the 5.3 E40 hopefully that will work ok. Then I'll start from there.

I have an Ebay E40 from an 05 GTO but completely different OS. still waiting for a license to come through from EFIlive so I can try that one.

I'm no great tuner. Just want to get it up and running and have someone with more knowledge than me tune it.

Very frustrating for me.

I don't know much about the later ECMs... but I remember reading that the throttle/pedal module has to be compatible with the ECM, i.e. from the same model of vehicle.

Read the ECM into a file, and compare the file size with what you were trying to write.

Joecar,
    Will do on the file size comparison.
    Called Speartech in Indiana to order a E40 harness for isolated reprograming. He says throttle should at least work. Not much time today but checked pin voltages at ECM...no signal on APP1. Looks like I wired something wrong or bad pedal? find out tonight for sure. Hopefully anyway.

Will post for sure. Thanks, John

Ok have spent over 4 hours on this problem today. Found a loose pin at #41 of C1 of ECU because I had taken connector apart to relocate cooling fan relay driver. These are very tiny pins and care must be used to reassemble. That said I still have no throttle although now I get correct voltages at APP signal locations (both).
    So I reflashed my other GTO E40 and engine started once for a few seconds and shut off. Never had a chance to blip the throttle but after a scan detected NO APP codes; truly I'm headed in the right direction. So that said I've taken an OS from an 06 GTO and full flashed the truck ecu. Now it won't crank even after deleting all VATS and applying VATS patch just like I had in the truck OS. Keep getting a code P1682 ECU immobilizer function deactivated. Hey at least I have NO more APP or throttle codes.
    Any help would be appreciated to delete the VATS as this is in an older Volvo which no one would ever want to steal anyway! So now I have a big stoagy burning and a full(almost gone) Budweiser in my gullet.

Lifetime Member

Did your stock harness plug right in to the new TB?

Yes. Exactly the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast