Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Filtering Data

Lifetime Member

Default Filtering Data

Let's say I have a Log file X and I'm using the "BEN factor-FJO/Autotune" map with my FJO Wideband. I have the "Empty Cell" = 50.Open Loop SD tune.
    Now I want to filter :
    1.)All noncell 22 data -i.e. All FTC Cell data less than 22 (Open Loop all decel is cell 21 and idle is cell 20).
    2.) All TPS transients greater than 5% per 100 msec.

Both filters are setup. Can I do 2 passes of the logged data in sequence - one of each filter ?? Will this reliably filter out all decel, idle and transient data?
    Cheers,
    joel

If I understood your question correctly, no. You will need to set up one filter that will filter All noncell 22 data -i.e. All FTC Cell data less than 22 OR All TPS transients greater than 5% per 100 msec

It's similar in format to the filter screen shot in the autotune doc

Lifetime Member

Thanks.
    I set up the filters. My question is can I run the logged data , for a given map (BEN map), sequentially through both filters. Basically two passes of the same logged data filtering out the FTC cells and the Throttle transients.

Cheers,
    joel

Not that I am aware of. If you want to filter out the data you can either do both, or one or the other. From my understanding and use, you can't apply one filter over the other. Only way is to combine both filters into one. What are you trying to do joel?

I have just read the original post in this tread, and it may be the most interesting post I have read since starting the Auto-Tune process.

I just want to clarify something though...

I just logged the FT Cell# on my drive home. I had never noticed the behaviours of these cell #'s (20, 21 & 22).

The cells to me see to represent the following (although this is observed from a single log session):
    Cell 20 - Idle, but also when still decelerating
    Cell 21 - Deceleration, but also when coasting at steady or non aggressive throttle position
    Cell 22 - When the throttle position is increased, accelerating, or perhaps under increased load

Firstly, does that sound correct?

Secondly, why would you want to exclude cell 22 in this case? I was thinking I'd want to drop cell 20?

I'd appreciate your comments...

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

You wouldn't want to Andrew, it says NONCELL 21. He is wanting to remove all cells below 22, not including 22.

Lifetime Member

black02ss, Tordne and TAquickness - FTCs 20 and 21 are "nonload" cells and are used during idle and deceleration - when I'm in open loop.By "nonload" I mean when the engine is not under a load. We want to exclude "nonload" data, from the BEN/VE process, for accuracy.

We want to exclude throttle transients (Non-Steady State) for accuracy also. The AFR changes substantially during transients as the PCM adjusts for changing conditions.

I just want to filter out the garbage

Cheers,
    joel

I understand what you are wanting to do bink, I might have worded my response to Tordne wrong. I have been thinking about this as I had forgot about FTC's when I got rid of Edit. How much of a swing are you seeing on decel? If I don't have decel in mine, then there are some cells at low kPa that I can't hit. I am going to add FTC's to my log on the way home to see how much of an impact it has. I'll post my results shortly.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

FWIW you can apply two filters sequentially.

Create a filter with the first criteria only, apply it and then select File->Save as and save the log file with a new name. That will save *only* the visible frames.
    Then create a second filter and apply it to the saved data which contains only the visible frames from the first filter.

Regards
    Paul

I have posted 3 images. Each image shows the difference in one log file from the effects of decel and idle. From seeing this, I personally would use all three due to the fact I think idle(FTC 20) is needed for a good BEN at that MAP, decel(FTC 21) only appears to effect my car from MAP 30 down. If I didn't have that, I don't see how I could tune "some" of those cells. What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftc2022.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftc22.png 
Views:	272 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	allftc.png 
Views:	267 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	149  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast