Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Filtering Data

Lifetime Member

bink arent you glad you dont have to fool around with excel and access anymore
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Quote Originally Posted by bink
    black02ss, Tordne and TAquickness - FTCs 20 and 21 are "nonload" cells and are used during idle and deceleration - when I'm in open loop.By "nonload" I mean when the engine is not under a load. We want to exclude "nonload" data, from the BEN/VE process, for accuracy.

We want to exclude throttle transients (Non-Steady State) for accuracy also. The AFR changes substantially during transients as the PCM adjusts for changing conditions.

I just want to filter out the garbage

Cheers,
    joel
    Joel, why don't you just disable the DFCO when tuning?.
    Another thought, look at what your DFCO settings are and set a filter to ignore any MAP values below 'x', where 'x' is the MAP DFCO disable value.

I have been using the filters for a few weeks now and I am so impressed, it's nice not having to alter or monitor your driving habits when logging.
    In fact, I think to slightly alter a great line from the Blues Brothers movie "we have filters powerful enough to turn goats piss into gasoline", hey Paul, lets put that on the features list :lol:

Cheers,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    bink arent you glad you dont have to fool around with excel and access anymore
    Excel is for accountants and book keepers, it has no purpose in the tuning world, but shhhh, don't tell Mr Gates.......soon on a shelf near you.
    MS LS1Tune2005, can you imagine it!!

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Ross- Great line...only you would have remembered it!!

I need to check my DFCO as I'm getting some random funky BEN values (0.19, 0.34 etc.).

Dirk - Yes and I will never forget how much time I spent trying to figure things out. You, of course, were a BIG help.

Blacky - Thanks. I tried it earlier. Works great.

Black02ss - I'm not convinced yet. I hit most cells witha bit more work back when I did the NoGo tune.

Cheers,
    joel

Lifetime Member

I need to check my DFCO as I'm getting some random funky BEN values (0.19, 0.34 etc.).

Are you telling the scanner to hide empty cells with a count of like 10 or something like that?
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    black02ss, Tordne and TAquickness - FTCs 20 and 21 are "nonload" cells and are used during idle and deceleration - when I'm in open loop.By "nonload" I mean when the engine is not under a load. We want to exclude "nonload" data, from the BEN/VE process, for accuracy.

We want to exclude throttle transients (Non-Steady State) for accuracy also. The AFR changes substantially during transients as the PCM adjusts for changing conditions.

I just want to filter out the garbage

Cheers,
    joel
    Joel, why don't you just disable the DFCO when tuning?.
    Another thought, look at what your DFCO settings are and set a filter to ignore any MAP values below 'x', where 'x' is the MAP DFCO disable value.

I have been using the filters for a few weeks now and I am so impressed, it's nice not having to alter or monitor your driving habits when logging.
    In fact, I think to slightly alter a great line from the Blues Brothers movie "we have filters powerful enough to turn goats piss into gasoline", hey Paul, lets put that on the features list :lol:

Cheers,
    Ross
    Ross,
    The pics I showed have DFCO disabled, so why the difference in BEN? If this didn't disable DFCO, then please someone tell me what I missed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dfco.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	150  

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler

Are you telling the scanner to hide empty cells with a count of like 10 or something like that?
    Empty cell count is 50.

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    Ross,
    The pics I showed have DFCO disabled, so why the difference in BEN? If this didn't disable DFCO, then please someone tell me what I missed.
    What is the timing doing at this point?
    I was logging today after messing around with the base spark table enable and found as the PCM transitioned from 26deg of timing in the Open Throttle Table to the Closed throttle table 17deg of timing the WBO2 went from 14.6ish to 16.5, just for about 1sec then settled back to 14.7AFR. Just a thought!!.

Cheers,
    Ross

Check this out. I looked at a log I just did now and this is what I came up with. When I decel a lot and just take my foot directly off of the gas, I get short segments where my timing goes from 39.5 to 34. I can see in the graph that everytime this happens, my afr goes lean from 14.5 up to 16.8 like you mention. After looking at a few tables, this is what I have noticed. Base Spark Table In Gear timing is 34* for that area.... Sometimes my TPA doesn't go directly to 0, it will hang at 0.4. At those values, I see 32-33*. So I will say that the timing is causing this issue. I don't know though how to fix the TPA issue of 0.4% as I have reset the TPA sensor before and it still ends up like this. I will try that again.

Thoughts??

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    Check this out. I looked at a log I just did now and this is what I came up with. When I decel a lot and just take my foot directly off of the gas, I get short segments where my timing goes from 39.5 to 34. I can see in the graph that everytime this happens, my afr goes lean from 14.5 up to 16.8 like you mention. After looking at a few tables, this is what I have noticed. Base Spark Table In Gear timing is 34* for that area.... Sometimes my TPA doesn't go directly to 0, it will hang at 0.4. At those values, I see 32-33*. So I will say that the timing is causing this issue. I don't know though how to fix the TPA issue of 0.4% as I have reset the TPA sensor before and it still ends up like this. I will try that again.

Thoughts??
    Exactly. That is why you don't want idle or deceleration data ( FTC cells 20 and 21). The data should be "load only" with the associated timing tables.
    FWIW. This is why I wanted to filter FTCs.

Cheers,
    joel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast