Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with my tune, car wont' even start.

Unhappy What's wrong with my tune, car wont' even start.

This is the tune for 9psi on a maggie 112 for my 02 Camaro SS with a forged 347, that I got from the supplier of the maggie kit. It worked on a car with the same heads/cam, blower/pulley setup that I have, but his car was M6, with 3.90 gears and mine is A4 with 3.42's, but the supplier told me he manually changed the tables and necessary things to work with my A4 setup and stall using the other guys information, he couldn't cut and paste becasue of the differences, he said.

When i flash the tune in, my car won't start, It fires, stumbles and dies all in about 1.5 seconds. If I hold the throttle open or lightly touch the acclerator while cranking the egine won't fire at all, just cranks. I'm lost, I have no idea what to do The tune worked fine for the other guy in his car, and last time he dynoed with the tune and setup put down over 525rwhp, even though there were some issues found on the dyno, and he kept spinning the tires on the dyno.

I'm getting 60psi fuel pressure according the guage on the fuel rail, runnning Accel 44# injectors with rated fuel pressure of 43.5psi, and fow rates of 43.9lb/hr.

I'm a complete newbie at LS1's, this is my first one, as well as my first forced induction motor on top of that, so please dumb down your replies for me to understand. If any more information is needed, please ask; i'll gladly help someone who's helping me get this beast tuned and running the way it should.

All help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

Attached Files Attached Files

Using the spreadsheet I get IFR values of

Change B4001 to these values & give that a go.

Do you have a manifold vacuum reference Fuel Regulator? If so repeat the first value (6.496300g/sec) 5.7ute mentioned across the whole table.

Jez

Thanks for the quick replies. 5.7Ute, I'll try yours first, Jezzab, i do have an adjustable fuel pressur regulator that i think works off of mani vac, there is a vac fitting on it, I have not installed it yet. It was purchased to regulate the fuel pressure down to 50psi for a stock ls1 fuel pump rating. Is that what you're recommending, or leave it at 60 and use the cal that you suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by farmdawg
    Thanks for the quick replies. 5.7Ute, I'll try yours first, Jezzab, i do have an adjustable fuel pressur regulator that i think works off of mani vac, there is a vac fitting on it, I have not installed it yet. It was purchased to regulate the fuel pressure down to 50psi for a stock ls1 fuel pump rating. Is that what you're recommending, or leave it at 60 and use the cal that you suggested?
    If you dont have the vac line on the reg, use 5.7s settings (they are the injector flow rates calculated for your 44lb inj @ 60psi fuel pressure) and leave it at 60psi. I ran through the calcs and got the same settings.

If you put the vac line on at a later date you will have to change the injector flow rate tables again because it will be too rich at idle

VAts is shutting off your car. Dissable it in the tune. That or perform the VATS relearn on the pcm and the problem will be fixed. Your learnt data was deleted when you started with a different file.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Also are you running a 2bar? the tune isnt set up for it.

and missfires for the cam, and your main ve table is flawwed.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

How do I find VATS in the tune? Doesn't the engine have to be running to do the crank re-learn? Again I'm new to this, and I appreciate all of the help.

This tune was supposed to be based off of an old tune from my car that I sent to the kit supplier. He just plugged the new information into the appropriate cells and sent it back to me if I understood correctly. I'll check the vats anyway, once I figure out where to look for it.
    Last edited by farmdawg; March 12th, 2008 at 04:54 AM.

I tried to change the injector flow rates, and no luck. I checked the vats info and it's the same as what's in the current tune that does work; same settings and all.

I do have a 2bar map sensor installed per the kit supplier, he included that in the kit when I purchased it.

I have no idea where to begin checking and changing information to try to get this working. I have been in contact with the kit supplier and he has tried to work with me, but distance being what it is it's hard to know what exactly to do over the phone. I'll be in contact with him again this week, to see what else he recommends I try, but what does everybody else think I should do?

If you have fitted the 2 bar sensor you need to change the map scaler (C6301) to 190. C6302 should be 10.3.
    To ensure Vats isnt the problem set G1201 to none.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast