Thread: OS Swap Help..

Default OS Swap Help..

Just swapped from a 98 to 02 ls1 pcm. Re-pining went fine thanks to ChipsByAl and CRL was sucessful. Problem Im having seems to be coming from the tps. Went over all 5v ref pins and sensor signals and all are correct. Also at the tps, I have 5v and it throws out 4.3v at wot. Smoothly not slop. However, while engine running at around 30% throttle the car dies and will not start up. Looked a little further and the tps wire wiggle will also kill it. I ran new signal leg to the tps from the pcm in case of a harness short but I think I might have missed something swapping the tune from the 98 os. DTC is tps low circuit, swapped the tps out yesterday. If I reflash and leave tps unplugged, it runs and idles fine, until of course, I go to touch it.

By the way he car is a 6.2, spider intake, accufab and 85m
    MAf

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK.. Didnt mean to scare anyone. How bout this.

Is a CRL required everytime you flash an OS and calibration? or Is a CRL required after you flash a COS. I only ask this because the car runs like its 180* out.

First, set these tables to in-range values (even if you don't use some of the features):

{A0007}
    {A0008}
    {A0009}
    {A0010}
    {A0013}
    {A0014}

If any cells contain blue dog-ear corners when you first open the file, the those cells are out-of-range.

Then try doing a full-flash.

Also, fix the TPS wire, from what you said it seems to have an intermittent open (as you drive around, g-forces, vibration, heating/cooling will "wiggle" the wire).

Crank relearn primes the misfire detection algorithm... it won't hurt to redo the CRL.

Did you get the polarity of the CKP sensor wires correct...?
    Did you get the polarity of the CMP sensor wires correct...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    First, set these tables to in-range values (even if you don't use some of the features):

{A0007}
    {A0008}
    {A0009}
    {A0010}
    {A0013}
    {A0014}

If any cells contain blue dog-ear corners when you first open the file, the those cells are out-of-range.

Then try doing a full-flash.

Also, fix the TPS wire, from what you said it seems to have an intermittent open (as you drive around, g-forces, vibration, heating/cooling will "wiggle" the wire).

Crank relearn primes the misfire detection algorithm... it won't hurt to redo the CRL.

Did you get the polarity of the CKP sensor wires correct...?
    Did you get the polarity of the CMP sensor wires correct...?
    Thanks Joe, I thought that those cells were in need eventhough I thought they were disabled. TPS wire is fixed (New leg from PCM). 5v, sig, grd all sensors are good. Wasnt sure but I beleive they share the one 5v output from the pcm.

Not sure but I believe the problem began after full flash. Car will idle fine then when at around 30% throttle, WHACK!

Thought maybe the tps diag. para. & tables but guess not.

Have a look at the descriptions of the "sanity" tables in the engine diagnostics segment.

Are you sure that abuse mode is not kicking in (30% TP with vehicle stationary...?).

Any DTC's...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Have a look at the descriptions of the "sanity" tables in the engine diagnostics segment.

Are you sure that abuse mode is not kicking in (30% TP with vehicle stationary...?).

Any DTC's...?
    Diags are all stockish and abuse is zeroed w tps at 100/99. Im gonna play with it on sun. Gonna get COS5 within range and full flash. Like I said the car wil not run (like it 180 out, pouring fuel no ignition) just like when the crank walks and the reluctor is out of range.

DTC is tps low circuit and reverse inhibit. Not sure if I got a good CRL, I dont see the dtc anymore but I got to retry, so I can eliminate it. More to come..