Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wideband serial update

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    the V2 supports FJO now.
    how do i hook up the serial port to the fjo. i have the 4000 model not the 4001 will it still work? it dosent have a serial port on the controller but the manual says it can be hooked up to a pc.

paul
    im relatively new to efi live ,, i mean i have read alot and then some more ,, i dont usualy ask questions as i like a challenge to figure it out with the plethora of info this site provides,,, now dont laugh but i cant get my v2 to connect to my innovate lm1 ,, ive set the settings as per forum threads and double checked with tutorials ,, connections are right i got latest software version on laptop
    should i use my plx sm afr?????

Quote Originally Posted by MENIOS View Post
    paul
    im relatively new to efi live ,, i mean i have read alot and then some more ,, i dont usualy ask questions as i like a challenge to figure it out with the plethora of info this site provides,,, now dont laugh but i cant get my v2 to connect to my innovate lm1 ,, ive set the settings as per forum threads and double checked with tutorials ,, connections are right i got latest software version on laptop
    should i use my plx sm afr?????
    Which wideband do you have...? What engine RPO...? What year/model/vehicle...? What mods...? What V2 firmware version...?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    Paul - Your V2 is nude! We normally ban folks for posting nudy pics on the forum, but, since you're the man and all, I think we can let it slide just once.
    YEAH !! whats up with that

LOL I guess I should pay more attention to the date on a post

Is the cable wired correctly?
    Look at this: TAQCables sLM1.pdf - TAQCables sLM1
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Car is holden vy 04 a4 cam 222 222 112 at 50 kpac springs and 1/ 78th 4 into ones my lm1 is not black its like a off white i bought it new years ago . It works great infact i use it to win arguments against friends with shit meters. Firmware ? I dunno.. efi live 7.5 does my lm1 need update or trip to the bin?

Quote Originally Posted by MENIOS View Post
    Car is holden vy 04 a4 cam 222 222 112 at 50 kpac springs and 1/ 78th 4 into ones my lm1 is not black its like a off white i bought it new years ago . It works great infact i use it to win arguments against friends with shit meters. Firmware ? I dunno.. efi live 7.5 does my lm1 need update or trip to the bin?
    Cool, long tube extractors with large primaries

Ok, did you install builds 130 and 111 from --> here.

Then, after installing those, start EFILive Explorer (EE) and update V2 firmware to 2.6.40.

Then, in the V2 options, are you setting:
    - serial port to"Wideband",
    - wideband to "Innovate".

Then, are you using some form of null-modem adapter (either an in-line adapter, or a wire-swap in your cable)...?

As far as I know, all LM-1's support serial data out... you might want to check the sensor itself (have you seen the video using a rag sprayed damp with brake cleaner, the rag is wrapped around a hot sensor, a good sensor causes a steady rich reading, a bad sensor causes a momentary rich reading followed by a steady lean reading).

Cheers
    Joe
    :^)
    Last edited by joecar; September 8th, 2010 at 03:00 AM.

thanks for info joe ill get those builds in asap ... didnt know about that ,, just thought it was plug adjust settings and play
    DAMNNNN i thought ud love the big and long primaries ,, love being different ,, down here everyone runs 1 3/4 i made 397rwhp through auto 307 ratios,, and didnt lose any bottom end ,, i was rather proud of it lolololol injectors clipping the 100 percent mark though ,, BETTER CHANGE THOSE!!!!!

hey joe
    i downoaded 111 and the 130 i ran them up ,,, then i ran explorer it immediately asked to update so in turn i i clicked yes,, it updated the boot block then went into dead poll,,, while there it told me it will stay in dead poll untill i updated the firmware so i clicked yes ,,, now i unplugged refreshed and checked status on updates ... it states 2.06.03 for bootblock and firmware 2.06.40,,, im just checking cuz you instructed 2.6.40 im assuming thats it but im just following orders ... the thing i was worried about was i read in the help section it states IF THE UNIT IS IN BOOTBLOCK even though it ses its successfully done its not!!!! please advise on my anxiety hahahaha for now im gonna connect analogue as i know ,,, even though superhuman ,,, you must sleep

Yes, that is correct, both bootblock 2.6.3 and firmware 2.6.30.

Does your V2 boot up (and show a menu) when you connect it via the USB cable...?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast