Thread: USB1 and 2. 1 a restiction with V2?

Default USB1 and 2.---- USB 1 a restiction with V2?

12Mbits/second a bottleneck for the scanning function?

I have some nifty Legacy (like myself) military Rocky rugged laptops that make fine tuning LTs, but not sure if I am holding things up, particularly with the faster Gen 4 PCMs? All this talk about digital WBs etc.
    I can use USB 2 PCMCIA card or other LTs if it matters?
    Thanks,
    Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; March 13th, 2008 at 09:50 AM.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The USB is not a bottleneck. FlashScan V2 only used 8Mbps (FlashSCan V1 only used 1Mbps). GM's CAN is only 500Kbps and VPW is only 41.6Kbps. USB can easly keep up with both VPW and CAN.

The slowdown happens when EFILive/Windows is drawing/updating the on screen charts and graphs. That is very CPU intensive and older laptops don't keep up well.

You can always see how well a laptop is keeping up by opening the Profile window (Ctrl+Y).
    It displays the measured frames/per second logging rate and the display rate. The lower the display % the less the laptop is keeping up. That % figure indicates the ratio of logged data frames to screen frame updates.

The higher the number the better the laptop is keeping up.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul.
    Very informative- I will try the update scale and see how we are doing, the Rockys and I .

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals