Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I made a cable for BB Logging

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Maybe this diagram will help:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....1088#post71088

Regards
    Paul
    I think somethings off in the diagram above. I kept getting that the controller wasn't found. I then went with the RJ12 to 2.5mm diagram posted previously and that worked. Success!

I should temper that. I'm getting free air numbers, not AFR numbers. It goes from 1-3% then jumps to 20.9% momentarily and then back to 1-3%. What is going on?
    Last edited by jomobco; May 21st, 2008 at 06:27 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jomobco View Post
    I think somethings off in the diagram above. I kept getting that the controller wasn't found. I then went with the RJ12 to 2.5mm diagram posted previously and that worked. Success!

I should temper that. I'm getting free air numbers, not AFR numbers. It goes from 1-3% then jumps to 20.9% momentarily and then back to 1-3%. What is going on?
    If you're getting anything other than "Controller Not Found" then the data connection is probably ok.
    Does the analog output from the LC-1 work ok? Does it display the expected AFR?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Paul, thanks for the FS to LC1 serial thread, really helped me understand exactly what needs to be done. Hopefully Ill be able to buy an LC1 here soon, gotta get a GPS first though.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If you're getting anything other than "Controller Not Found" then the data connection is probably ok.
    Does the analog output from the LC-1 work ok? Does it display the expected AFR?

Regards
    Paul
    Does anybody have a diagram on how to wire the mini-din 8 pin connector(LM1 serial connection port) to theRJ12 plug on FS? Cannot get data transfer with null-modem adapter and FS cable.
    08 Z06

Curious how the data transfer issue manifests itself. I was planning on trying to get my LM2 working this weekend.

When I ordered my null modem gender bender I also ordered the stuff to make a RJ12/DIN cable so I am curious about that diagram too. If nobody has one I will just use my continuity meter and figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Z06 View Post
    Does anybody have a diagram on how to wire the mini-din 8 pin connector(LM1 serial connection port) to theRJ12 plug on FS? Cannot get data transfer with null-modem adapter and FS cable.
    02 C5 Coupe - LS7, TSP 265 LS7 heads, ARH, Z06 cat-back, HREs, 3.73 gears, Wilwood brakes, DeWitts radiator

15 C7 Z5 1 Coupe - stock for now

12 Avalanche - tune, Corsa Touring

Quote Originally Posted by VortechC5 View Post
    Curious how the data transfer issue manifests itself. I was planning on trying to get my LM2 working this weekend.

When I ordered my null modem gender bender I also ordered the stuff to make a RJ12/DIN cable so I am curious about that diagram too. If nobody has one I will just use my continuity meter and figure it out.
    Hi Vortech C5, I just tried to check continuity with my meter between the LM1 cable-null modem adapter and mini-din 8 pin connector. With the 8-pin connector the pins are close together and I could not ring it out with the meter and my probes.
    08 Z06

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I'll see if I can scrounge up a F/F mini din at work that I can borrow. If I can find one I could then use a pin (or piece of wire) in each of the female DIN sockets to tone it out.

Hi Vortech C5, I just tried to check continuity with my meter between the LM1 cable-null modem adapter and mini-din 8 pin connector. With the 8-pin connector the pins are close together and I could not ring it out with the meter and my probes.
    02 C5 Coupe - LS7, TSP 265 LS7 heads, ARH, Z06 cat-back, HREs, 3.73 gears, Wilwood brakes, DeWitts radiator

15 C7 Z5 1 Coupe - stock for now

12 Avalanche - tune, Corsa Touring

I couldn't get the null modem to work either. I think the second diagram below has the RJ12 wire numbering out of place. I used this image posted by blacky here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....4&d=1205983775
    and used a DB9male to RJ12 connector like this http://sewelldirect.com/DB9-Male-Ser...ar-Adapter.asp . I then used some information from this diagram posted by blacky here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....3&d=1211350225
    to get the LC-1 Jack to 9 pin female information. I then went from the female to the DB9 male and wired so that circuits matched first diagram. I finally got a reading although it's goofy and I haven't had a chance to compare with analog yet.
    Last edited by jomobco; May 21st, 2008 at 01:45 PM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

LM-1 serial cable pinouts.
    Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LM1 DIN to 9pin.png 
Views:	302 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	3339  
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I can't find a reseller that make 90 degree cables for V2

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast