Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone done the EFI University 101 course?

Default Anyone done the EFI University 101 course?

Just wondered if anyone has done this course and what they thought.

Too late for me now as I booked for the Melbourne course in Sept.

DAVE

I would like to know also.

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

I have not done the course, but I have spoken to Ben on a few occasions.
    You learn so much in a 30min conversation, I can only imagine a day spent at the course would be VERY much worthwhile.

Cheers,
    Ross

I understood they were tayloring a course for EFILive. Are they still in the process of setting this up?

Quote Originally Posted by mnotx
    I understood they were tayloring a course for EFILive. Are they still in the process of setting this up?
    I must confess I don't know the full details but from what I understand you will not be spending the whole day learning EFILive, you will learn the normal EFI tuning concepts that Ben teaches, then after that some specific EFILive / LS1 how to's and how to apply general tuning concepts into using EFIlive.

Cheers,
    Ross

As soon as the course is setup, I will be attending one that is semi-close. I can't wait.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    As soon as the course is setup, I will be attending one that is semi-close. I can't wait.
    Define semi-close. :P

:lol: I guess it would be the one closest to me. I really don't want to fly to TX to attend one, but I guess if I have to I will. The wife just won't be happy at ALL..

I've taken both EFI-101 and EFI Advanced. Both are absolutely awesome classes. There is material in 101 for ANY level of tuner. It demonstrates the basics of engine control and applies the information to electronic fuel injection. Ben mathmatically walks you through the steps an ECM goes through to complete one engine cycle and clearly explains why, how, and when specific tables are in use. It doesn't presently address factory EFI systems, but the concepts are the same.

EFI Advanced takes the basics and concepts from EFI-101 and applies it in 8 modules, each on the dyno one-on-one with Ben. Module one starts with the safety practices and basic dyno information. Each additional module then builds upon each other to module 7 where you are driving the car, controlling the dyno, and tuning at the same time by your self. Module eight is a class exercise where Ben sets the car with a baseline tune and challenges the class to tune the car using the information learned and make as much power as possible. The class is only allowed one run per person, so we got six runs. Run one was a baseline, we then evaluated the dyno output and the tune and made changes as appropriate. Then the next person made a run and it became the new baseline for additional tuning. Rinse and repeat until all students have completed a dyno run and the exercise is over. It was intidimating at first, but Ben is an excellent instructor. He takes his time to ensure you understand each module thoroughly before you move to the next. While one of the other 6 students are on the dyno, Ben provides math problems to the class to figure injector phasing, injector pulse width, atmospheric pressure change, VE, MAP, and other engine parameters to demonstrate further what the ECM does when different conditions are encountered. You get to use a Motec M800 ECM with a super cool electric engine simulator to illustrate any engine or condition to support all the physics and mathmatics presented in the class. Everything Ben presents is 100% fact which can easily be proven on the dyno or by a long physics exercise with many algebraic expressions.

In short, highly recommended!!!!!! The best money I've spent on my car and myself to date.

I'm not affiliated with EFI University in any way. I'm just a very happy customer. 8)
    Aaron
    '03 Z06 Corvette - The normal stuff...
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101
    EFI University Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    :lol: I guess it would be the one closest to me. I really don't want to fly to TX to attend one, but I guess if I have to I will. The wife just won't be happy at ALL..
    When I took the classes in June, I asked Ben about the EFILive classes. He said that Texas may get the first class! I sure am hoping so!!!!!!! The facility that hosted the class, Xtreme Horsepower, is first class and has a Dyno Dynamics model 450.

Come on down Chad!!!
    Aaron
    '03 Z06 Corvette - The normal stuff...
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101
    EFI University Evangelist

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast