Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone done the EFI University 101 course?

Quote Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06
    Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    :lol: I guess it would be the one closest to me. I really don't want to fly to TX to attend one, but I guess if I have to I will. The wife just won't be happy at ALL..
    When I took the classes in June, I asked Ben about the EFILive classes. He said that Texas may get the first class! I sure am hoping so!!!!!!! The facility that hosted the class, Xtreme Horsepower, is first class and has a Dyno Dynamics model 450.

Come on down Chad!!!
    Hmm.... How do I tell the wife that I am leaving for a weeekend to do something that she hates I do at home. :lol: I already have the cash put aside for the class, just need to know when and where.

Each additional module then builds upon each other to module 7 where you are driving the car, controlling the dyno, and tuning at the same time by your self. Module eight is a class exercise where Ben sets the car with a baseline tune and challenges the class to tune the car using the information learned and make as much power as possible. The class is only allowed one run per person, so we got six runs. Run one was a baseline, we then evaluated the dyno output and the tune and made changes as appropriate. Then the next person made a run and it became the new baseline for additional tuning. Rinse and repeat until all students have completed a dyno run and the exercise is over. It was intimidating at first, but Ben is an excellent instructor.
    I was thinking the other day how nervous I would be and intimidated during the class.

Come on down Chad!

Tell your wife if you learned how to tune, you wouldn't have to spend some much time in tinkering. You could just set your tune and be done with it.

My wife wouldn't buy it either, but it would work long enough for me to get on the plane!

Thanks guys, I'll report back how it goes.

I am still tossing up the advanced course (particulary after the heads/cam/manifold/etc/etc I just paid for) another 1500 AUD will hurt.

If you use a dyno regularly, is the advance course still have a lot to offer?

Hmm.... How do I tell the wife that I am leaving for a weeekend to do something that she hates I do at home. :lol: I already have the cash put aside for the class, just need to know when and where.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard it from my wife for weeks after the classes. I can relate!!!
    Aaron
    '03 Z06 Corvette - The normal stuff...
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101
    EFI University Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by daveb
    Thanks guys, I'll report back how it goes.

I am still tossing up the advanced course (particulary after the heads/cam/manifold/etc/etc I just paid for) another 1500 AUD will hurt.

If you use a dyno regularly, is the advance course still have a lot to offer?
    It is a shock to the pocket book, but well worth it! We had dyno owners in both 101 and Advanced and all commented how useful both classes were.
    Aaron
    '03 Z06 Corvette - The normal stuff...
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101
    EFI University Evangelist

Each additional module then builds upon each other to module 7 where you are driving the car, controlling the dyno, and tuning at the same time by your self. Module eight is a class exercise where Ben sets the car with a baseline tune and challenges the class to tune the car using the information learned and make as much power as possible. The class is only allowed one run per person, so we got six runs. Run one was a baseline, we then evaluated the dyno output and the tune and made changes as appropriate. Then the next person made a run and it became the new baseline for additional tuning. Rinse and repeat until all students have completed a dyno run and the exercise is over. It was intimidating at first, but Ben is an excellent instructor.
    I was thinking the other day how nervous I would be and intimidated during the class.

Same here. I am a total novice. But I won't be after the class. And Fort Worth is an easy drive away.

I took the EFI 101 class and highly recommend it! I have been tuning for some time and still learned some new and refreshed some old in that class. Ben is a great instuctor and will leave no one behind.

Aaron.
    Aaron L.
    Conover, NC

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Moved from Tunning forum to here.
    Paul

i'm in if its any where near me.
    \'99 SS Camaro #3789 6 speed ls1 12.6 @ 112.8 1.93 60\' .......now crate ls6 417 rwhp & 395 rwtq 10.9@129.8 \'03 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0, 4:10, locking diff, UPD, desreened maf 16.1@ 86

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast