Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone done the EFI University 101 course?

Quote Originally Posted by HioSSilver
    i'm in if its any where near me.
    http://www.efi101.com/schedule.html

Here's a link to the schedule.
    Aaron
    '03 Z06 Corvette - The normal stuff...
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101
    EFI University Evangelist

I took both class's and just past the online test last week. The 101 is quite basic for most guys that have been around the EFI ring for a while but a good refresher. The advanced class gets a bit more involved but tended to be more specific to the aftermarket style systems like Autronics, GEN7, etc..

After the advanced class you leave with a log book in which you need to log at least 20hrs of dyno time. Upon completion you send it back to EFI university where they review it and set you up for a test on line. Upon passing they send you your advanced certificate. I wish they would hook up with EFI Live and have a class specific to GEN3 GM programming!

To me the GM programming is WAY more involved.

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    I wish they would hook up with EFI Live and have a class specific to GEN3 GM programming!
    To me the GM programming is WAY more involved.
    Howard
    EFI101 is working on building a course for EFILive.
    http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1713

Regards
    Paul

Any idea how they are getting on with this, any date for release that anyone is aware of?

I'm contemplating getting across to Melbourne for the September EFI101 course, but if there is going to be an EFILive specific version (run in New Zealand or Australia please) then it would probably be worth waiting for.

Like you say, the GM PCM is probably different, and it would be nice to have a more direct course based on that specific material. The software is also a big part of it.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I'm pretty sure it won't be until after SEMA (early Nov). But, best to ask Ben from EFI University (aka EFIGUY).

Regards
    Paul

Default EFI University

I have attended both of Ben's courses and the amount of information is incredible. Furthermore, Ben is a guru and he makes sure that you understand every aspect and why. Also, his methods are foolproof and shorten your tuning time by huge amounts while saving wear on your vehicle. Be prepared for some math work. I have every intension of attending the EFI live class as soon as possible.

Correct me if I am wrong Paul/Ben, but isn't the EFI-101 course with EFILive not actually a full day on how to use EFILive, but more so the standard EFI-101 course with specifics on how to tune the LS1 using EFILive?.
    I must confess I have not been in the loop with Paul and BEN with regards to the course structure but that was my understanding.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The course will be mostly "how to tune" (lets face it that's what everyone wants to know). Then about a 1/2 day of EFILive specific training where you will be taught the best/correct way to use EFILive to implement the concepts and ideas learnt earlier in the course.

Regards
    Paul

Has anyone heard when/where the first class will be scheduled? I'd sure like to try to fit it into my schedule.

Mark
    02 C5 Coupe - LS7, TSP 265 LS7 heads, ARH, Z06 cat-back, HREs, 3.73 gears, Wilwood brakes, DeWitts radiator

15 C7 Z5 1 Coupe - stock for now

12 Avalanche - tune, Corsa Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    The course will be mostly "how to tune" (lets face it that's what everyone wants to know). Then about a 1/2 day of EFILive specific training where you will be taught the best/correct way to use EFILive to implement the concepts and ideas learnt earlier in the course.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, will you be one of the instructors when they come to Texas?

I am really thinking about signing up if this is going to be slanted more towards an entry level class more than and advanced course.

Do you think since I am pretty new to EFI Live and PCM tuning that this would be a good start for someone like me?

Chuck

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast