Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Logging beta update: March 20,2008

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default BB Logging beta update: March 20,2008

After much delay (sorry ) the next and hopefully final beta version of BB Logging is now available as a beta/pre-release version.

Download here: http://download2.efilive.com/Softwar...ch_20_2008.zip

Important information:

1. PLEASE make sure you read the file Readme_First.pdf that is in the zip file. It contains important instructions, pre-requisites and warnings that you need to follow.

2. Be sure to format the Config file system (using EFILive_Explorer) on FlashScan BEFORE upgrading. That will prevent old config files from interfering with the new firmware when it is loaded.

3. After successfully updating the FlashScan firmware to FSProgV2_05_15(0320).efw, you should power cycle FlashScan. That will remove all traces of in-memory copies of the old config files/settings. If you do not, the most obvious problem you will notice is that the key-delay and key-repeat speeds will be way too fast to allow sane operation of FlashScan's keypad.

4. If you are attempting to connect your wide band controller to FlashScan, and FlashScan says "Controller Not Found", try connecting the wide band O2 controller's serial output to your PC's serial port (or USB-Serial converter) and monitor the serial data using this freely available port monitoring software: http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/
    If data is captured by the port monitor, please forward it to me at paul@efilive.com so I can trouble-shoot the problem.

And remember, if EFILive_Hapi is running (i.e. shows in the system tray), then the EFILive V7.5 software will not be able to connect to the FlashScan cable.

Please report problems in the FlashScan BB Logging forum, or directly to me at paul@efilive.com

Have fun...

Regards
    Paul and Ross
    Last edited by Tordne; March 23rd, 2008 at 10:49 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

you da man!

too bad that my car is still in about 500 pieces at the moment ... :( Soon, very soon ... (hopefully)
    Last edited by Garry; March 20th, 2008 at 10:54 PM.
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Does the V2 need any handshaking for the serial input? or is just a SIG GND a TX and RX fine?

Just tried it out with the PLX and no go. I can see the LED flashing from the data polling and when I plug it into the laptop I can see the data and it matches to the PLX supplied specs.

Jez

Quote Originally Posted by JezzaB
    Does the V2 need any handshaking for the serial input? or is just a SIG GND a TX and RX fine?

Just tried it out with the PLX and no go. I can see the LED flashing from the data polling and when I plug it into the laptop I can see the data and it matches to the PLX supplied specs.

Jez
    Hope this is not an obvious question, but did you select PLX as the wideband? Use Backspace when on the O2 display screen to cycle through wideband types.

Also, you need to go into "Edit Settings" (Ctrl+Backspace from any menu) and select "Wide-O2" for "Com In" and "Com Out".

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by JezzaB
    No handshaking required, just ground, TX and RX.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Hope this is not an obvious question, but did you select PLX as the wideband? Use Backspace when on the O2 display screen to cycle through wideband types.

Also, you need to go into "Edit Settings" (Ctrl+Backspace from any menu) and select "Wide-O2" for "Com In" and "Com Out".

Regards
    Paul
    DOH! Packed everything up and posted this and 10 seconds after I pressed send I was playing with the V2 and saw the option!! Just got too excited.

Yes it works!!! Fantastic guys. Im a VERY happy man!

Jez
    Last edited by JezzaB; March 21st, 2008 at 12:42 AM.

I installed the new firmware (After formatting the config FS), copied the new PMM files to the FS, and now I can select the vehicle, but if I try to display data, it does nothing; If I try to log, the screen will flash, then go back to the "Record", "Display", "W02". Any suggestions? Do we still add PIDs by editing the options.ini?
    Last edited by Cougar281; March 22nd, 2008 at 10:05 AM.

It's alive ! Great work .
    LC-1 only , will try JAW when I get it finished .
    I used the Stereo Mini Phono to RJ25 3 line Jack cable design for the Innovate .
    Will have to use Serial to RJ25 for the JAW .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Ok. what is the PID for the scantool to read the WO2 from the serial part?

if its ext.wo2afr whatever... its not appearing as valid
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast