Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how difficult is this tuning thing, new here

Default how difficult is this tuning thing, new here

so how difficult is tuning starting on a mostly stock car...02 Z06 with LG pro LT's 3in offroad X pipe stock catback and vararam intake....just want to play with the timing and afr to get some more hp and turn fans on earlier and delete rear 02s cuz i dont have cats....will have LC 1 wideband incar as well....tuning newbie here....catch on very fast though...will you guys check out the scans when i get this stuff and make sure im not going to blow the car up and guide me along
    New member here my name is Kurt
    Im from goldsboro NC at Seymour Johnson AFB Air Traffic controller here...looking forward to getting to know you guys....thought about hptuners but those guys are dickheads over at their forums...so here i am

anybody got pics of the wideband mounted in a c5 vette?

Beer has some pics of his under his engine bay. I'll look and see if I can't find them for you. Do some scans, post up some logs, we'll guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum.

Taking the plunge and gettin V2 and LC1 wideband

If your willing to put in the time, and ask when you need help, its fairly easy.

Above, LC-1 input and Nitrous Bottle Pressure input to V2, gonna be adding Relay Status Inputs for each stage of Nitrous.

First Location...Did not like so much.

Second Location...
    better but still an eyesore...

Its final home once I added headers and had the torque tube cover off.

You can barely make it out upper right.

If your looking not to have a pillar pod, I can make ya one of these for a hidden gauge

Jim
    Last edited by Beer99C5; March 24th, 2008 at 10:54 PM.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Kurt, welcome to the forum.

There's a learning curve, but you should be able to master it no problem, and as Beer said don't be afraid to ask questions.

Our forum members are knowledgeable and are always willing to help with any questions.

You may want read the AutoVE tutorial as this shows the relationships between some tables and how the wideband is used for tuning:
    http://store.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7

Cheers,
    Joe

ok I'll have some newbie questions first....what is done on the handheld scanner and what is done on the computer....is the usb coming out of the scanner going to a laptop....where does the purple wire go and the black wire? the LC1 has on the right side in the above pic....i assume thats the input from the sensor then on the other side theres 1 thick wire and 2 small wires....what do they go to? difficult install?
    thanks beer
    Kurt

oh and do i need a wideband gage or can it just be incorporated into my log....how much more for a gage?

ok on with the dumb questions....will i need to purchase anything else to get the wideband to plug into the scanner or computer or whereever it goes....sorry for the NEWB questions but I guess when I get it I'll have a better idea

The Black wire is the Wideband input (0-5V, on the LC-1 it is connected to the yellow or brown wire as needed, in my case the yellow goes to my Gauge, the brown goes to the V2). The purple wire is my Nitrous Bottle Pressure input.

The scanner is the interface to the laptop.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast