Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Flashscan read HP Tuners?

Default Can Flashscan read HP Tuners?

Does anyone know if Flashscan can read the tune out of a PCM that was originally written with HP Tuners?

I have a friend who was given a mailorder tune and wants to modify a couple of minor things. Instead of starting from scratch can Flashscan read the tune out of this PCM?

As far as I know, yes.

Lifetime Member

Default Re: Can Flashscan read HP Tuners?

Quote Originally Posted by jsttry
    Does anyone know if Flashscan can read the tune out of a PCM that was originally written with HP Tuners?

I have a friend who was given a mailorder tune and wants to modify a couple of minor things. Instead of starting from scratch can Flashscan read the tune out of this PCM?
    If its not locked it can , if its locked then you will need somone with the expertise to unlock 8)

Thank you gents. I was going to call you Delco but couldn't remember the time difference in WA and wasn't sure if you'd still be awake.

Still have to call you and talk about some other plans anyway.

Unless HPF have changed there tunes , it might be a good idear to start from scratch jay . i do know of flashscan reading a so called locked HPF PCM

Quote Originally Posted by ntae

Unless HPF have changed there tunes , it might be a good idear to start from scratch jay . i do know of flashscan reading a so called locked HPF PCM
    HPT Geoff, HPT. You start telling people that you can read PCM's from HPF (Horsepower Factory) and I'll have one Marty calling me on Monday!!.
    BTW, we have no built in HPT lock bypass, it's pretty solid.

Cheers,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by ntae

Unless HPF have changed there tunes , it might be a good idear to start from scratch jay .
    I was wrong , the mail order tune that came with this head/ cam package was the real deal

What is needed is the ability to wipe any locked tunes that are bad - so we can start again.

Can't do, that's exactly what the lock prevents, access to the Flash, read or write.
    Gimme a soldering iron, flux, and some wick....job done in 20mins.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So the only way to overwrite the flash in a locked PCM is to physically remove the nvram chip (if you don't know the key)...?

What nvram chip is it (common part number) and what does it contain...?

Would it be possible to clip onto the nvram chip (without desoldering) and clear it electronically...?

Regards
    Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast