I currently have a 2000 s10 4X4 blazer with the 4.3L automatic and recently acquired a 96 5.7L from a 1500 4X4 automatic with computer and harness (wires to trans cut) and good computer. My plan was to use the 5.7 computer and engine and the 4.3 harness with added wires for the 2 additional fuel injectors and extra O2 sensor. Is this going to work or were there too many changes between the 96 and 2000 motors or simply too many differences between the S series and K series trucks? I did plug the v8 computer into my harness to see if the plugs fit and they do. I even stared the V6 on the V8 computer and it idled (not on all cylinders) but did nothing then throttle body was opened. The oil pressure gauge worked but not the temp or fuel gauge. Also the shift indicator did not work. The computers are both black but the 96 5.7 computer has a fifth )5 or 6? prong) plug on it but only two black wires plug into it from the harness. also what tranny should I use? Thanks a lot in advance. haha, one more thing. What about using the v6 computer and reflashing it for a V8...?