I need some help understanding how Manual mode works. What factor/table determines when 3-2 and 2-1 downshifts are completed when shifting in MANUAL mode?
1) According to the GM Hydra-Matic Technician's Guide (page 9), Manual 2nd can be selected anytime but will not complete the downshift until vehicle speed falls below approx 62 MPH. Does this speed correspond to OEM 3-2 shift table value of 62MPH @ WOT? Wouldn't the part-throttle table control the shift point (e.g. at TPS value of 0, wouldn't the speed be more like 20MPH or whatever the shift table speed value at 0 TPS is set at?)
2) Again, according to the Guide, Manual 1st can be selected at any vehicle speed. If 4L60E is in 3rd or 4th gear, it will immediately shift into 2nd... I assume the actual downshift into 2nd will not occur until speed meets criteria from item (1) above. The Guide goes on to state that the actual 2-1 downshift will not occur until speed drops below approx 30 to 35 MPH. I have same question - does this speed value correspond to OEM 2-1 shift table value of 35MPH @ WOT?

thanks