Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error message after attempting to create new PID list

It seems to me that you're saving the pid file to a directory different from that mentioned in the folder options.

Ok, I did some more testing/checking.

First, I added a blank line after the description in my calc_pids.txt file. That fixed the description shown in the scan tool.

Then I added my two parmaters, GM.EOPS, and CALC.EOP, and saved the pid file. I opened the pid .txt file up on a text editor. The added pids were in fact saved to the .txt file. In the Scan program, I went to Edit -> Properties, startup tab, clicked the box "Always load PID file: and selected my PID file that I just saved. Then I closed the program and reopened it. Again, GM.EOPS was not show as selected. I dont understnad why it can be saved in the .txt file, but not load up properly in the software.

Here is me selecting the pids, then saving the file.
    Note that GM.EOPS and CALC.EOP are selected. Also note the file name that its saved as.

Here is me selecting the PID file to load when the Scan software is opened.

Here is the text from the GeneralTuning pid .txt file. Notice GM.EOPS and CALC.EOP are in the list of parameters.
    Code:
    [Parameters]
    CALC.BEN=1,4204
    CALC.EOP=1,4239
    CALC.INJDC1=1,4249
    EXT.WO2AFR1=1,4292
    GM.AFR=1,-1
    GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA=1,4403
    GM.EOPS=1,4437
    GM.IAC=1,4538
    GM.IBPW1=1,-1
    GM.KR=1,-1
    SAE.ECT=1,-1
    SAE.IAT=1,-1
    SAE.LONGFT1=1,-1
    SAE.LONGFT2=1,-1
    SAE.MAP=1,-1
    SAE.RPM=1,-1
    SAE.SPARKADV=1,-1
    SAE.TP=1,-1
    SAE.VSS=1,-1
    Then I closed the software and reopened it. Now it shows that GM.EOPS is not selected, and due to that CALC.EOP is not supported.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Edit: Oops, I misrea the post you made. Seems like GM.EOPS is actually not selected. I was lookign at CALC.EOP. I'm not sure what the solution is... Let me investigate.

A red cross through the icon means the PID is not valid, it does not mean the PID is not selected.
    - Unselected PIDs have a grey icon.
    - Unsupported PIDs have an X through their icon.

Bascially it is indicating that EFILive "thinks" the PID GM.EOPS is not valid for the VIN and/or operating system shown on the bottom of the window.

You should connect up to the vehicle and re-validate the PIDs. That is necessary if/when EFILive adds a new (or renamed) PID to the total available PID list. Which we just did with GM.EOPS. Sorry, I should have explained that.

The validated PID list is stored in a file (in My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDs) that matches your VIN like this: 6G2YX12G8_L.vpl (I tried to read the VIN from the last image but it was cut off so I may have got it slightly wrong). You can also open/view those files using Notepad as they are just plain text files as well.
    The vpl stands for Validated PID List. A similar file exists for validate modules, *.vml files.

In the *.vpl files is a list of all the PIDs that are valid for vehicles with a VIN that matches the file name. It ignores the 10th digit anf the last 6 digits when matching the VIN.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

My Bad

I left a line of code in the software that deliberately filters out GM.EOPS. It was a leftover from when we changed GM.EOPS to GM.EOP. Now that we've changed it back again I will remove the line of code.

Sorry for the hassle you went through to prove it. I will pay more attention in future.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    My Bad

I left a line of code in the software that deliberately filters out GM.EOPS. It was a leftover from when we changed GM.EOPS to GM.EOP. Now that we've changed it back again I will remove the line of code.

Sorry for the hassle you went through to prove it. I will pay more attention in future.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks for the update Paul. I just got involved in this BBL beta testing on the 3/20 release and I've been very impressed at your quick diagnosis of issues, and how fast you release updates. Thanks Paul!

Paul,

What is the ETA on the next Beta release with fixes to date? I'm particularly interested in this update, as it will let me lot the oil pressure on my April 11th track day. When you release the update, can you summarize the fixes made since the last update.

The ETA was Wednesday, but a problem with VPW block mode (think reading/flashing LS1s) prevented the release. I am hoping to release it Friday night but that is probably being too optimistic. I hope it should be ready by Sat night my time (Sat morning your time).

Regards
    Paul

Any ETA for update?

Yes, the VPW problem has been identified and fixed (finally at about 4:00am Monday morning). I expect to release the update sometime today.

Regards
    Paul

Keep in mind when Paul says 4am Monday, it still is Sunday in here the USA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12