Thread: WHO HAS .PID and MAP files for ATLAS pcms???

Default WHO HAS .PID and MAP files for ATLAS pcms???

Hey guys....Bought the Atlas stream today for the Cobalt SS.....

I wanted to be able to do more with it for scanning and stuff....I found it to be different than the V8 stuff I've been working with and I could not accurately log KR....

Does anyone out there mess with these and have some .PID files and some maps that you can make available to me so I don't have to do this from scratch.....?????

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Default anyone?

anyone?

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,

I used default dash and pids and was able to run the complete default dash and record but now what? This was a 06 Envoy 4.2 (mine) but not sure what to tune on this thing.. Will it always be boring?
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; August 3rd, 2008 at 12:16 PM.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Lifetime Member

Start by taking like 70-80% of the TM out of the trans, that helps a lot. Lower the shift times and up the line pressures. Before I figured out how to tune the engine just doing trans tuning for a normal 4L60E helps a ton. You can run 0 TM, 0 shift times without problems, the 4.2 doesnt make enough power to kill a 4L60E. Ive been running mine this way for probably 25-30K now with 0 problems.

Also, change the PE delay (cant remember if the P12s have this yet).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Start by taking like 70-80% of the TM out of the trans, that helps a lot. Lower the shift times and up the line pressures. Before I figured out how to tune the engine just doing trans tuning for a normal 4L60E helps a ton. You can run 0 TM, 0 shift times without problems, the 4.2 doesnt make enough power to kill a 4L60E. Ive been running mine this way for probably 25-30K now with 0 problems.

Also, change the PE delay (cant remember if the P12s have this yet).
    Will look into this,
    Thanks,
    Bruce

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

I have tuned on a couple of P12s , mine and a friends both 06 TB , there is not much to do as of yet , did some to the timing tables , trans and PE .
    I have noticed that logging scans that the timing seems odd , one thing is the darn timing axis , they used 128 , 256 , 512 as RPM values , weird .
    Seems you get .02 in all the cells when logging KR , again have not gotten into a lot of tuning on one seeing not much to mess with .
    I have the TM at 0 (zero) and shift times at 0 (zero) as well , but have not bumped the line pressure .
    Have be careful with timing seems it will throw a KR sensor code if to much is done , have had this happen twice .
    Rev Limiter raised and 1-2 shift RPM raised , less bog at shift .
    I do PE at 1.15 (EQ) , seems to like that value .
    Last edited by Chevy366; August 5th, 2008 at 02:24 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Default no KR.......

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    I have tuned on a couple of P12s , mine and a friends both 06 TB , there is not much to do as of yet , did some to the timing tables , trans and PE .
    I have noticed that logging scans that the timing seems odd , one thing is the darn timing axis , they used 128 , 256 , 512 as RPM values , weird .
    Seems you get .02 in all the cells when logging KR , again have not gotten into a lot of tuning on one seeing not much to mess with .
    I have the TM at 0 (zero) and shift times at 0 (zero) as well , but have not bumped the line pressure .
    Have be careful with timing seems it will throw a KR sensor code if to much is done , have had this happen twice .
    Rev Limiter raised and 1-2 shift RPM raised , less bog at shift .
    I do PE at 1.15 (EQ) , seems to like that value .

I've tuned a few Cobalt SSs and I haven't found anyone with maps or pids....

Most especially KR...I'm spooked about doing any more aggressive tuning with no KR maps or pids.....

Anyone?
    Chuck CoW

I just changed the default KR map to reflect the P12 RPM values , haven't had time to try it but think it will work .
    Copy with labels and paste to "column" (RPM) with labels , I think the "row" (Kpa) values are the same .
    Might have to make our own MAPs for the P12 , if no one at EFILive picks up on this and includes some for us .
    The latest Options.ini has a list of PIDs for the P12 in it .
    On a side note , GM did a TB 4.2L with twin turbos , would love to have that .tun for playing with .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Default yeah!

Might have to make our own MAPs for the P12 , if no one at EFILive picks up on this and includes some for us

Chuck CoW