Thread: Stalling issue... almost everywhere

Default Stalling issue... almost everywhere

Alright so here is the issue I'm having (kind of a long read). For about 7 months, the car was running real good. Driveability was excellent, it pulled well for the power it had, and no issues. Then one day driving home from work, got a code for low 02 voltage, and when I pushed the clutch in while sitting in traffic to coast to a stop, the car just died. It started right back up, but I was not too thrilled stalling in the middle of rush hour. This happened (either as a result or just sheer coincidence) right around the time I pulled that artificial heart looking thing for the AIR system from the rear of the driver's side valve cover. Searched on here and tech, found some ppl telling me to RAFIG and do the idle tuning tuitorial. Did that a while back (thanks SSpdDemon for the help), and decided to RAFIG again. Made the changes, uploaded, and car ran fine. Why? I would guess it's because when I uploaded, the DTCs were reset. Awesome. Took the car out for gas, ran great. Almost home, the SES light ticks on again, and like a light switch the car runs like shit. I push the clutch in to roll into my driveway, RPMs drop to almost stall, catch themselve, surge, then fall back down again. Then it stalled. Fast forward a few weeks...

Installed my WB02, set up AutoVE, and went to tuning. Car was running good, no issues... yet. Made a few changes to the car (new headers, plugs, wires, etc.). Started up, went out for a drive, same shit. What confuses me is that now it's doing it and it's not even relying on the stock NB02 sensors. I had thought that it was the 02 sensors, but it's even doing it in OLSD. I was told to futz with the throttle cracker and a few other things. What exactly is happening? Well it's very noticeable when I have to come to a stop at a light or something, but even when I shift, if it's slow enough and I don't let out on the clutch, the car will die. It's like the RPMs just wanna drop like a rock. Here is a quick upload of my most recent tune. I still have a little more AutoVE to do and I still have to dial in the MAF. If anything looks seriously awry, please don't hesitate to tell me my thinking is flawed. Thanks for your help.

-J
    Attached Files Attached Files

I had similar issues with new headers. Disabling P1133 and 1153 in C6001 and 6002 solved it. You could try disabling all in 6001 and 6002. If it works then narrow it down. It won't hurt anything to try it.
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

When you removed the AIR router valve, did you plug the vacuum line (coming from the manifold rear and going thru the AIR solenoid)...?

Yes I did. I will double check it when I get home to make sure it hasn't come off (it shouldn't "blow off" per say, since it's pulling vacuum in the intake, right?). Got a pic handy? If not no biggie I'll just take a pic when I get home and confirm.

Thanks for the suggestion on which values to disable.

-J
    - Jacob
    - 2000 Formula H/C/I without the H or I
    - QTPs, Duals, EFI Live, Pat G cam.

BUMP

I'm having the same issue as lastcall. I went through all the standard tuning procedures but it still wants to stall when I come to a stop at a light. Is there anything else that can be done in the tune other than disabling the DTCs? Also, can RAFIG be done while in CLMAF? Or do I need to put my truck back in OLSD?

2005 Sierra 6.0 L
    AEM Brute Force CAI
    Bassani Mid Length Headers
    Dual 3 in. Flowmasters to custom 4 in. tailpipe
    80mm BBK Throttle Body
    Harland Sharp 1.8:1 Rockers