Thread: Concerned and aggrivated

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Delco View Post
    the VE table looks way out of whack for a whipple combo , the problem you are experincing is due to a couple of factors , one is the software never had a tps enrichment table like a pump shot , and the other is the amount of air the whipple forces in on the throttle crack.

having tuned a huge number of whipple combo's I can tell you the low rpm VE under boost should have a huge lump in it whereas yours is a flat line - not what the engine is seeing.

on toad tunign makes the VE table look very differnt to what the VE table looks like under steady state load on the dyno.

Also when doing a boosted application like you have we alwasy use a boost referenced pressure regulator so we get a psuedo pump shot from the regulator on large map changes.

it is not EFILIVEs CO3 issue but a GM coding issue really

I have attached a example of what I would expect the VE tables to look like , do not use in your car as it wont be right but more for your interest
    Thanks for the input DELCO, like i mentioned before I realize my tune is not dead on by any means. All i know is that this phenomenon was not occuring when running the stock OS / MAF tune. The transitions to commanded AFR were made within 2 frames. Lean spikes did not occur until the throttle was released, opposite of how the COS tune works with the rich spikes when throttle is released. I had planned on getting the road runner to help with tuning the VE table because of just how difficult and time consuming it actually is to hit even 1/3 of those cells by driving around......especially in my area where the traffic is always terrible. Believe it or not, aside from a few stray cells, my BEN MAPS were within +/-.07 through out the majority of my standard driving range of the VE table. I know enough about tuning to see when something is wrong but no where near as much as most of you guys know, which is why i started this thread....maybe if the problem is with GM, then we could put our heads together to come up with a work around. If not, i was hoping like Justin has been mentioning, the enrichment acceleration tables could be added.
    Last edited by Whippled 496; April 2nd, 2008 at 04:52 PM.
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison