Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concerned and aggrivated

Quote Originally Posted by slowhawk View Post
    Stop smoothing out the VE table!!!!tune it to what it wants.It will have hills,spikes and valleys when tuned in.
    So you were able to look at it? LOL, i know.....i was just trying to smooth the areas I have not hit. Do you use the road runner to tune your VE?
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Quote Originally Posted by Whippled 496 View Post
    So you were able to look at it? LOL, i know.....i was just trying to smooth the areas I have not hit. Do you use the road runner to tune your VE?
    No,auto VE. Doesn't take long.If you have lean spot's auto VE those spots and transfer them.Don't worry about the pretty looking VE table..

So is this really the concensus? The VE table is not inline and thats why the lean spikes are happening? Justin, how inline is your VE table? Why is this only happening to a few people? Is it a 2003+ thing maybe? Justin, your truck is a 2003 right? Mine is a 2003. Maybe its a 2003+ COS issue?
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

If your doing SD without a MAF the VE never looks smooth.My trucks OLSD VE table looks horrible for smoothness but the truck runs perfect on a stock 5.3 with a 216 cam and 7lbs of boost from a Turbo.I have 10k miles on it while towing and my wife daily driving it. Just auto VE it and DO NOT smooth it.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhawk View Post
    If your doing SD without a MAF the VE never looks smooth.My trucks OLSD VE table looks horrible for smoothness but the truck runs perfect on a stock 5.3 with a 216 cam and 7lbs of boost from a Turbo.I have 10k miles on it while towing and my wife daily driving it. Just auto VE it and DO NOT smooth it.

I am going to do that (keep doing that). Please help me understand how this will prevent the lean spikes i am seeing though. Please dont take this the wrong way...I am not trying to be difficult.. I am just a little ignorant is all. How is it that no matter where i am in my RPM range, MAP, or MPH (its not that far off everywhere)...when ever i touch the throttle it goes lean....same with Justin who has his VE nailed down tight and same with various others here. I understand my VE needs work, but this cant account for these spikes that happen all the time. I just know there is something more to this lean tip-in. What year is your truck? Have you tuned any 2003+ 1024k PCMs that were supercharged? Like i said, maybe its a COS year specific problem.
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Glad I found this thread.
    As Joe mentioned...I too am having these issues...SD or running a MAF.
    I have run probably in excess of 300 logs and autoVE'd numerous times.
    Mick leant me his RR so I used RTACS and hit a good amount of cells on some long 5-6 hr drives. I've been/am still trying to dial in the MAF using RTACS.
    I still have the lean spikes...exactly the same as Whippled496....any speed...any RPM as I jab/touch the accellerator.
    I've tried going back to using 1bar and a MAF via a 'PRO's' suggestion but feel its worse now than before. In the morning...sometimes as I try to take off (normally) it will go VERY lean (18+) and almost stall.
    I have a 98 Suburban with the Whipple and marine intake and using 42lb injectors.
    Replaced the fuel pump with a Walbro 2 days ago.

Here's my current tune and a log from then drive home today...RTACS'ing the MAF.
    Last edited by hquick; April 3rd, 2008 at 07:46 PM.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Quote Originally Posted by hquick View Post
    Glad I found this thread.
    As Joe mentioned...I too am having these issues...SD or running a MAF.
    I have run probably in excess of 300 logs and autoVE'd numerous times.
    Mick leant me his RR so I used RTACS and hit a good amount of cells on some long 5-6 hr drives. I've been/am still trying to dial in the MAF using RTACS.
    I still have the lean spikes...exactly the same as Whippled496....any speed...any RPM as I jab/touch the accellerator.
    I've tried going back to using 1bar and a MAF via a 'PRO's' suggestion but feel its worse now than before. In the morning...sometimes as I try to take off (normally) it will go VERY lean (18+) and almost stall.
    I have a 98 Suburban with the Whipple and marine intake and using 42lb injectors.
    Replaced the fuel pump with a Walbro 2 days ago.

Here's my current tune and a log from then drive home today...RTACS'ing the MAF.
    Well, i didnt expect that. So you have these issues even running the stock OS/ MAF tune as it came from the factory? The only time mine does it is in SDOL. It never did it when i was running the factory OS/Tune. I just love the SD so much i dont want to go back....i want to fix it but dont know how.
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Sorry...I should have eleaborated further...I forgot!

I'm using an LS1 PCM and a 2002 op system.
    But it is a standard op system 12212156.
    Howard

DUCT TAPE.

I've done the same OS files. You guy's can shoot your tune file to slowhawk@comcast.net and I'll look them over and see what you guy's have different from me.Make sure you include all the engine mods.I've done a few whipple's with no problems but I know the lean spike you guy's are talking about.Was tuning a blown 416ci Vette yesterday and it was doing the same thing.Added full in those cells(alot of fuel) and it smoothed out perfect.

Hey...thanks for that.
    I've had so many people look over this thing...the more the merrier.

Thanks (you have mail)
    Howard

DUCT TAPE.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast