Thread: Need help - newbie

Default Need help - newbie

I have a 2006 Chevy Truck here with a 5.3 and a Procharger. I'm new to GM tuning but I've been tuning for about 6 years. I have my own dyno/shop and tune 2-4 cars a day. But this GM stuff is kicking my ass. I've done 2 08 Vettes without issues, but not sure how to deal with the blower on this one.

Truck is OS 12587811

What is the best route to take to tune this? I noticed there is no custom OS available for it. I tried to see if I could rig the tune for now until a custom OS becomes availabe. I was somewhat successful at getting getting some WOT tuning do to get some power numbers but otherwise I'm lost. Is there anyway to tune this thing without a custom OS?

I put 44lb injectors in it, changed the values for that. I've been able to get it to drive ok on the dyno and when I got WOT above 4,000 RPM it's good. But on transition, it goes super rich (because of the bs tweaking I had to do to the VE table). Basically if you go WOT below 4,000 RPM it's so rich won't gain RPM. Please help! It sucks to feel so lost.

Made 345 rwhp so far.

Ken

Hey Ken, welcome to the forums. I'm the same Kevin Doe from all your local forums. I hope you find all the info you're looking for with that OS. I wish I could help, however I'm only familiar with the 2004 GTO OS.

As I'm sure you could tell from me being on this forum, I ended up buying my own EFI Live setup. I couldn't be happier with it. I just started testinging out the BBL Beta, and its pretty awesome the capabilities everyone will have when the software is realeased for production usage. Good luck with your GM tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
    Hey Ken, welcome to the forums. I'm the same Kevin Doe from all your local forums. I hope you find all the info you're looking for with that OS. I wish I could help, however I'm only familiar with the 2004 GTO OS.

As I'm sure you could tell from me being on this forum, I ended up buying my own EFI Live setup. I couldn't be happier with it. I just started testinging out the BBL Beta, and its pretty awesome the capabilities everyone will have when the software is realeased for production usage. Good luck with your GM tuning.
    I've been following your car on the local boards even though I don't post in your threads. Very cool. I wish I had the time to committ to the GM tuning. Most of my lack of knowledge is due to time constraints. I'm sure you know way more than I do at this point. If fact, I don't know what the BBL Beta is.

Hopefully someone can help guide me on this truck, I'd love to get it finished up.

Ken

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?

Hi Ken,

There is no custom OS for the 2006 models. Sorry, I have no advice on your other tuning issues...
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.