Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Effects on running fuel pressure at 43.5psi....

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by vatman02 View Post
    Iv'e been playing with the voltage correction table. It Idles really well, but I am useing E-85 so I would flow more fuel than a gas motor. With my altitude I need 20% less fuel and the E-85 needs 30% more. I figure compared to sea level I use about 4% more. I am having other issues not related to the injectors so I may have made some unneccsary changes.
    did u make a MAP for the voltage correction table?? if so, could you please post it,id like to see what you put for data, and also what PID's you logged to make the MAP work. im gonna run the racetronix 79# injectors too..i wanna be ready when I get em'
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Quote Originally Posted by WHYTRYZ06 View Post
    did u make a MAP for the voltage correction table?? if so, could you please post it,id like to see what you put for data, and also what PID's you logged to make the MAP work. im gonna run the racetronix 79# injectors too..i wanna be ready when I get em'
    I guess i dont understand why you want to lower the fuel pressure, those injectors are not hard to tune at 58psi, is there another reason that is going over my head?
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

The only reason that I can think of is to run the pump at a cooler temperature and not kick it up with the BAP until you need the pressure?

I run at 52 PSI and when the Aeromotive pump controller sees 0 vac/0 boost it activates to the higher voltage and the PSI slaps to 58 and then rises 1 PSI of fuel pressure for every 1 PSI of boost. I end up at 72.5 PSI of fuel pressure at full boost.

I can't really see a reason to run at lower fuel pressure unless you are strapped for the pump being able to handle the full load or you are running small fuel lines?

Elmer

Some people run the lower pressure so they can better control their big injectors at idle...

the larger injectors are more prone to physical (mass/inertia) effects... they have a "minimum" on time.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Some people run the lower pressure so they can better control their big injectors at idle...

the larger injectors are more prone to physical (mass/inertia) effects... they have a "minimum" on time.
    We did a 440TT c5 a few days ago with the 79# racetronix's injectors, just a base tune for idle so he could run it for a 30 minute break in period, it settled right into idle at 800RPM with a few tweaks of desired airflow and VE once we input the correct IFR table and accounted for the extra cylinder volume, it was really easier then i had expected it to be, although the RR plays a huge part in that.

I see the logic in your statement Joecar, im just assuming from my experience that this is not neccesary with the racetronix 79's
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eurospec1 View Post
    We did a 440TT c5 a few days ago with the 79# racetronix's injectors, just a base tune for idle so he could run it for a 30 minute break in period, it settled right into idle at 800RPM with a few tweaks of desired airflow and VE once we input the correct IFR table and accounted for the extra cylinder volume, it was really easier then i had expected it to be, although the RR plays a huge part in that.

I see the logic in your statement Joecar, im just assuming from my experience that this is not neccesary with the racetronix 79's
    So what you are are saying is that they (79#ers) are easy to tune, w/ the correct IFR table??
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

Oh, the Racetronix 79'ers must be well behaved (high quality)... cool...

AJ/WHYTRYZ06, you should able able to calculate your IFR table using your measured rail pressure and you should be good to go.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Oh, the Racetronix 79'ers must be well behaved (high quality)... cool...

AJ/WHYTRYZ06, you should able able to calculate your IFR table using your measured rail pressure and you should be good to go.
    Heck, I hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by WHYTRYZ06 View Post
    I can't seem to be able to post the map but it is DATA= XXX.BEN COLUMN=GM.VOLTS ROW=GM.MANVAC
    These are what you will need to log as well.
    2002 ws6 stock short block
    GMPP cnc LS6 Heads 11.4:1 cr
    .576 i .581 e 116 lobe
    D1SC @ 10#
    723 rwhp 654 rwtq on E-85

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by vatman02 View Post
    I can't seem to be able to post the map but it is DATA= XXX.BEN COLUMN=GM.VOLTS ROW=GM.MANVAC
    These are what you will need to log as well.
    ok got it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12