Thread: Unsupported/new cal file?

Default Unsupported/new cal file?

I just had a Cobalt SS come in for reprogramming for the GM injector upgrade. I figured I'd read it before and after to see what they did. I keep getting a message that the the PCM is unrecognized. Before the reprogramming the OS was 12598275 and the cal was 12595325. After programming the OS was 12605261 and the cal was the same 12595325.

Default Just like the last 3 cars I rented....

Quote Originally Posted by VHR View Post
    I just had a Cobalt SS come in for reprogramming for the GM injector upgrade. I figured I'd read it before and after to see what they did. I keep getting a message that the the PCM is unrecognized. Before the reprogramming the OS was 12598275 and the cal was 12595325. After programming the OS was 12605261 and the cal was the same 12595325.
    Just like the last 3 cars I rented....and tried to tune!

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

VHR, did you happen to forward the files on to support@efilive.com ?
    Chuck, before you hire your next rental, tell the guy at the rental company to pop the hood and describe what the silver box with fins looks like. If it says Bosch then request a different car.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default 98 to 99-02 pcm change

Hi Ross, or anybody out there in EFILive land,
    I am fairly happy with my 98 pcm, But! I Like the Custom OS for the future and would like to upgrade to a 99+PCM ASAP as I have to have some serious surgeries soon. Does anyone have the diagram on how to change the pins on the PCM from the 98C5 to the 99C5+. I know its out there I just cant find it. I would really like to change PCM's as I am investing my kids collage money, cashed in my life insurance, and taking a fourth mortgage on my house for my 98 C5 (the Black hole) as my wife calls it. Any one out there that has this or has done this that could help, would be my friend and I promise not to give my wife, kids and mortgage company your name. A few years ago it took having a Brain disease to prove to my wife I have a brain, Now it's the heart and she still dont believe it until the doctor takes it out and shows her, I even have spinal degeneration and she says Im spineless. But for now, I do have my vette, guitar, my dog, and my friends at EFILive, Right?
    Apart from the joking I would really appreciate the 98C5 to 99C5 pcm pinout change over help.
    Thanks in advance
    Thor
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Just like the last 3 cars I rented....and tried to tune!

Chuck CoW
    Hey Chuck,
    Remember I posted a few days ago that GM often changes OS's in a year (IE: a different 2005 vette OS changed the knock sensor frequency that was really a bad balancer). I also have a 2006 Cobalt SS and went with the stage 2 kit and the upgraded OS is Weird. The cold air intake now doesn't work and it did before the new updated tune and Stage 2 and it logs OK but lost boost, Go figure. Tuning efforts failed and we took off the intake, put it back to stock and now we have a mil DTC. We have unhooked the battery and no luck. The dealer has no idea. I am going to call GMP as they are always helpful.
    Good luck and let me know.
    Thor
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!