Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: PLX SM-AFR Serial upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by rich24v View Post
    Please can somebody point me towards the guide for setting up the analog 5v pids for plx wb's, specifically how to program the V2 aswell ?

Thankyou.
    Connect 1st PLX to AD1+ signal and AD1- ground.
    Connect 2nd PLX to AD2+ signal and AD2- ground.
    Log the pids EXT.AD1 and EXT.AD2.
    Select the calc pids CALC.AFR_PLX1/2 and CALC.BEN_PLX1/2.

In FVS2 device settings, checkmark the box to always include External Analog Pids.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Connect 1st PLX to AD1+ signal and AD1- ground.
    Connect 2nd PLX to AD2+ signal and AD2- ground.
    Log the pids EXT.AD1 and EXT.AD2.
    Select the calc pids CALC.AFR_PLX1/2 and CALC.BEN_PLX1/2.

In FVS2 device settings, checkmark the box to always include External Analog Pids.
    Thanks Joe, think it worked out ok, although more fumbling than knowing what I'm doing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plxpids.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	19760

I had to remove some odd pids that it did'nt like, maybe that's because I still have the HPtuners 2bar custom tune loaded,
    but at least I am slightly further forward. I can't see the BEN pids...are they to convert the voltage to the AFR ?
    I have boost via plx and fuel pressure via aeroforce 150psi sensor to set up next.
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    ATI damper, LS9 twin plate clutch, 548rwhp. twin PLX widebands to twin gauges.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.
    628rwhp.....with a lot of tuner help

Quote Originally Posted by rich24v View Post
    I can't see the BEN pids...are they to convert the voltage to the AFR ?
    I have boost via plx and fuel pressure via aeroforce 150psi sensor to set up next.
    On the PIDs tab, look at the right-hand column, it is titled "Parameter", click on the title (the word "Parameter") to sort alphabetically on that column...

then look down that column until you see the pids CALC.BEN_PLX1 and CALC.BEN_PLX2...

the BEN pids are the correction multiplier, to see their definition do rightclick->More Info on each of them (on the PIDs tab).

Summary: the AFR pids convert voltage to AFR; the BEN pids calculate the correction multiplier (to apply to your VE or MAF tables).

Do I have to add these pids to the list ? if so I get error :-

Name:	pid1.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	19790

If I add anyway, it lists it with the red cross through it:-

Name:	pid2.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	19791

A bit lost..........
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.

I don't remember from your other thread... do you have an LS1B or an E38...?

Whenever you see a red X thru a pid on the PIDs tab, on that pid do rightclick->More Info to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I don't remember from your other thread... do you have an LS1B or an E38...?

Whenever you see a red X thru a pid on the PIDs tab, on that pid do rightclick->More Info to see why.
    I'll switch to my original thread https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...L-Heartbeat-sc I don't want to clutter this one further.

Hello . Doez anybody can help me with dump of the pic microcontroller inside or some schematics for plx v3 ? Thank you verry much . Also closer picture with all components it will be helpful thank you .

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112