Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IAT VE multiplier table A0014 Q's.....

Lifetime Member

Default IAT VE multiplier table A0014 Q's.....

The table is cool and all BUT, every time I use it it skews w/my WOT AFR's.. Either it makes it richer or leaner, what to do?? How can we get around that???

Do I log it and drive in WOT and and hope it adjusts my WOT to my PE table depending on IAT temps???

I noticed my logs and at IAT's 50*f fuel is off by 1.06 ben and at 68*f off by 1.02 ben this is off my A0014 map in my logs.. This is all in WOT, I used a filter to eliminate all data under 90% throttle. If I dont use the filter @ 50*f its at 1.02 ben and 68*f its at 1.03 ben

So if I use the WOT #'s 1.06 and 1.02 what will happen to the VE table under normal driving, also Im running in semi-open loop.. so im NOT in full OLSD...

Can someone explain to me how the table works when your in WOT.. I use my PE table for WOT fueling...

Or maby use B3647 to control fuel and use A0008 to help w/ getting my fuel the way I want it.
    thanks...
    Last edited by WHYTRYZ06; April 6th, 2008 at 04:09 PM.
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

When you did the auto VE initially how strict were you with your intake temps? I find if you cannot keep IAT's within a couple of degrees A0014 will be near impossible to get into line.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    When you did the auto VE initially how strict were you with your intake temps? I find if you cannot keep IAT's within a couple of degrees A0014 will be near impossible to get into line.
    Well I could use B3647 to control fuel, and then use A0008 (open loop commanded fuel multiplier) to help trim the fuel cause its easier to keep ECT constant than it is IAT... right?
    01 Z06, 4L60E CONVERSION, L92/L76 TOP END, 72# LS3 INJECTORS (THANKS FIC), DRY NITROUS, COS5

I suppose that would depend on your intake. Mine rarely varies more than a couple of degrees unless I am pulled up in traffic where heatsoak then comes into play.
    When I was logging on road I was always doing it at a set time & condition to keep all my temps constant. This kept the transient temps to a minimum & left a lot more useful data.
    Also I use a spreadsheet that adds logs together, weighting towards the log with the higher cell count. This helps with marginal cells that are hard to hit on the road. I would do a few days logging without changing the tune, filter to the baseline temp & then put these through the spreadsheet to apply to the tune. I have attached the spreadsheet for you to have a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Well I always get ambient on my intake temps... So its hard to keep it stable, depending on weather.. so the way I figure it, its easier to use B3647 and then use A0008 to tailor it if needed..its easier to keep ect stable rather than iat.... I dont want to multiply my VE, id rather multiply B3647. then use A0015 to multiply my VE when useing my dry nitrous...

Lifetime Member

the spreadsheet looks busy.. ill need a few days to figure it out. But I still dont get how your spread sheet works.... It takes me a little longer than most to understand stuff like this...

It,s quite simple really. You need to copy & paste the Ben average to the top table & the cell count to the one under it. The second log is then applied to the third & fourth table. The fifth table is the one you copy paste & multiply to your tune. The reason I added the final cell count table is if you need to add another log then it was just a matter of pasting the totals to the first & second table & then adding the other log. It needs some cleaning up but it works.

Lifetime Member

this might be stupid, but how does this help me??

Lifetime Member

what i need is a way to keep my b3647 @ 12.5 at WOT, regardless of IAT temps... cause at the drag strip IAT's can go up very high while in the stageing lanes.... get what im saying???

My problem is, is when im in OL (12.5 afr)fueling is off slightly sometimes.. i need a way to keep it what I command it to...

By limiting your AutoVE data to an absolute IAT, A0014 can be utilised to keep your actual to commanded AFR in line. The dual data log addition is needed, as once your data is filtered to an absolute temp, there may not be much left.
    Fudging B3647 will not bring your AFR into line under differing IAT's.
    So the process is
    Redo AutoVE with an absolute IAT. You need to get this close in as many cells as possible. This is the reason for the dual data log spreadsheet as getting a high cell count is near impossible on the road.
    Once you have the VE table in line then make a map of the A0014 table using Ben Data & paste & multiply to dial it in.
    Heatsoak itself is more than likely part of your problem so you should have a look at SSpDemon,s Iat relocation thread as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast