Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to pick up the RoadRunner

Default Looking to pick up the RoadRunner

Can someone shoot me a PM or respond with the best deal on picking one up. I have a few extra licenses (assuming they will work with the RoadRUnner) so all i need is the Roadrunner itself.
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

You can give Jess (wait4me) a call.

You will need a RR license (different than a PCM license) in order to utilize the RR.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    You can give Jess (wait4me) a call.

You will need a RR license (different than a PCM license) in order to utilize the RR.
    Ahhh crap...are you serious? I got like 3 extra licenses that i will never use. Wish i could trade 2 EFI licenses for 1 RR license. I had it justified in my head for $600 or so, but i dont know about $750+ . Whats the difference between the licenses?
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

The licenses for the RoadRunner go in the EFIlive Program with your EFIlive registration in the License Manager. They have an issue date and a specific RoadRunner serial number.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    The licenses for the RoadRunner go in the EFIlive Program with your EFIlive registration in the License Manager. They have an issue date and a specific RoadRunner serial number.
    Al
    Okay i see that now ....just seems like buying the hardware should be enough when your talking about $500-$600 (before the extra license) you know what i mean? I just dont understand the need for another specific license. I have a license for my PCM, I have a license for my TCM, now i need another one for the RR.....and its all for the same vehicle. Sorry for the , i was just set and ready to make the purchase thinking one of my extra licenses would be good to use...... Oh well.
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Lifetime Member

I think its because EFILive and Moates have an agreement that in order for the RR to work with EFILive you need to pay Moates (aka license) for that ability. The RR works with other tuning packages too IIRC.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I think its because EFILive and Moates have an agreement that in order for the RR to work with EFILive you need to pay Moates (aka license) for that ability. The RR works with other tuning packages too IIRC.
    Not quite. The only way EFILive makes any money for supporting RR is to sell separate license for it. EFILive does not sell the RR hardware, It's built and sold buy Craig Moates. EFILive just provides a software interface to use the RR. RR also work's with the Tuner C.A.T.S. software, but again you have to buy the cable and license from them to use it too.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Lifetime Member

Ahh, my bad. Got the "who's getting the $$ for implementing the hardware" wrong, its EFILive not Moates.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippled 496 View Post
    Ahhh crap...are you serious? I got like 3 extra licenses that i will never use. Wish i could trade 2 EFI licenses for 1 RR license. I had it justified in my head for $600 or so, but i dont know about $750+ . Whats the difference between the licenses?
    It's worth every cent!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast