Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to pick up the RoadRunner

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    It's worth every cent!

......your probably right....i just had a set amount in my head and now it went up a few $$$. I will just have to work the street corner a few extra weeks I guess.
    Last edited by Whippled 496; April 8th, 2008 at 12:47 AM.
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

i had to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    The RR works with other tuning packages too IIRC.
    Well, all but one
    FYI, I have a RR here that was used in development, it's considered the 'loaner'. This thing would have lots of frequent flyer miles, it's never here. Everyone I loaned it to has bought one....you can't go back to old traditional tuning methods after you used it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

If I ever get an LS1/LB7-based car/truck I will order a RR before I pick it up, everything Ive heard says its so much easier to tune with.

And I think I have an idea about "the one" that it doesnt work with, but their loss IMO.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

FINE.....!!!!!!

I went a head and picked one up from Thunder Racing.......i couldnt wait any more......you guys are good salesmen. Should be here by Friday afternoon....i will post my feedback after i have give her a few runs. Any first timer advice, hints, or suggestions.....please send them my way. How long is the cable they come with....long enough to run back into the console in the cab? Can i use a USB extension if i need too?
    Last edited by Whippled 496; April 8th, 2008 at 10:47 PM.
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Default Hummm

The cable that came with my kit was long enough, found there was an extension cable in there to that I did not need.

Blue-tooth sounds like fun for a wireless option.

Steady, Steady now, when you drive around in emulation mode, with it all up and running, there is power at your finger tips. You also have the means to cause yourself harm. Be careful and have fun.

Practice setting up the Roadrunner at idle in the driveway for a while.

Research the tuning methods (RTACS), more practice and understanding setting up the software. Learn how to drive them new toys.

When you are comfortable, turn on the emulation mode and hit the streets or dyne.

Once again, Have fun, be safe...
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by MICK View Post
    The cable that came with my kit was long enough, found there was an extension cable in there to that I did not need.

Blue-tooth sounds like fun for a wireless option.

Steady, Steady now, when you drive around in emulation mode, with it all up and running, there is power at your finger tips. You also have the means to cause yourself harm. Be careful and have fun.

Practice setting up the Roadrunner at idle in the driveway for a while.

Research the tuning methods (RTACS), more practice and understanding setting up the software. Learn how to drive them new toys.

When you are comfortable, turn on the emulation mode and hit the streets or dyne.

Once again, Have fun, be safe...

Not completely green to tuning...so I should be fine, but sound advice non the less. WHich leads me to another question......

Are there any decent RR tutorials on how to get set up, how to set up RTACS, how to operate in emulation mode, etc?
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Default Hummm

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well, all but one
    FYI, I have a RR here that was used in development, it's considered the 'loaner'. This thing would have lots of frequent flyer miles, it's never here. Everyone I loaned it to has bought one....you can't go back to old traditional tuning methods after you used it.

Cheers,
    Ross

I have used Craig's Ostrich OBD1 Emulator for some time now and find it to be just as good on the early Holden's as the Roadrunner is on the later LSx.

O, I earn for the day EFILive incorporates OBD1 into V2 and maybe you could include support for Craig's new Ostrich that has a few more toys.

Only then will my entire existence be complete.....
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Whippled 496 View Post
    FINE.....!!!!!!

I went a head and picked one up from Thunder Racing.......i couldnt wait any more......you guys are good salesmen. Should be here by Friday afternoon....i will post my feedback after i have give her a few runs. Any first timer advice, hints, or suggestions.....please send them my way. How long is the cable they come with....long enough to run back into the console in the cab? Can i use a USB extension if i need too?
    Keep your eyes on the road
    Keep both hands on the wheel
    Wear a condom

Best advice, as already stated, get familiar with the RR in your driveway at idle first. Also, keep a known good back up tune handy just in case...

I was using RTACS once with out a DFCO filter in place and ruined my idle. Flashed my back up tune and 2 seconds later I was idling again.

Are there any actual tutorials of the steps to go through to set up RTACS? I am kind of sitting there looking at all the controls not knowing how to get it set up to start making changes. I simple RTACS VE tutorial would be a nice warm up. I enable the "real time changes" icon on the RR menu. Then select the "fine control/course control" button and let it do its thing. Is that all there is to it?
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast