Thread: Allison clutch question

Default Allison clutch question

Dumb qustion: Would it be possible to use EFILive's DVT to apply the C2 and C4 clutches manually for the 6th gear (Assuming the truck had a 6 speed VB, of course) with a 2001-2005 TCM, or would the TCM scream about an invalid clutch pair? Which solenoids are used to apply which clutchpacks? My Assumption would be SSA -> C1, SSB -> C2, etc, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Cougar281; April 8th, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

I'd say if you can do it with at Tech II then you should be able to with the DVT. I don't think the DVT is going to give any more abilities than the Tech II gives.

Well, that's the thing; I don't know if you can o it with the Tech2. In DVT, it allows you to manually apply solennoids, so as long as the TCM doesn't scream about an invalid solenoid pair, it should work in theory.

Wish I could apply the two clutches with a manual switch on the dash. Kind of like a manual OD switch.

Tony
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

Quote Originally Posted by horsehaulin View Post
    Wish I could apply the two clutches with a manual switch on the dash. Kind of like a manual OD switch.

Tony
    Won't work unless you have a 6 speed valve body... If you have a 5 speed VB, not a 6 speed, it'll drop into neutral if you try to apply the 6th gear clutch combo. (Assuming the 5 speed TCM will allow the combo).

I am getting the 6spd conversion next year since I spent such a big bill on the rebuild I want to wait for the next sticker shock! Given that I dont have to spend all I make for saving for the conversion in fuel!

Tony
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.