Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 06+ Allison DVT

Anything new? Still having "Shift Range Inhibited" when trying to to anything other than TAPs clearing (Specificly lock TCC). Has anyone else tried to use any of the other DVT controls?

No changes have been made and I've not heard much back from support of people having the same issues. This means either nobody is using them or your issue is unique.
    A few more people testing what you are trying to do would be helpful.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross,
    My truck is a 2006 LBZ with a suncoast stage 5 transmission, and a ATS Co-Pilot. It made 513hp 902 lb/ft. I made 6 runs on a dynojet 224xlc. Using the bi-directional command to lock fourth, it will lock in fine and I can drop my rpms down to 1200. While i'm making my run when I hit approx 3000 rpm the transmission seems to drop out of gear. And I get the shift range inhibited message. I haven't tried this on the street at all but i'm guessing the same thing will happen. I think this is related to Cougar281's problem. Any ideas?

Mark

Edit:

I guess other people are having my same issue. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7967&page=2
    Also, i was using the June 22 release of efi live.
    Last edited by markap81; July 7th, 2008 at 04:05 PM.
    2006 GMC 2500HD cc/sb 4X4 SLT LBZ

Thanks markap81 for confirming similar issues.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross, let me know if there's anything I can do to help figure out what's going on... You happen to know of any software that would work with one of the Elm327 devices to allow CAN/GMLAN bus snooping and logging?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    You happen to know of any software that would work with one of the Elm327 devices to allow CAN/GMLAN bus snooping and logging?
    No, we don't use hobby equipment

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No, we don't use hobby equipment
    Now Now....

Was just a joke

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Was just a joke
    I know, hence the smiley

That's the problem with posts like this... you can't always tell how something's meant to be taken like you could with Face to face or verbal conversation.
    Last edited by Cougar281; July 12th, 2008 at 06:49 AM.

Thumbs up Update

Ross, After this mornings update, the 06 Alli DVT is better, but still not perfect. With the last update, I couldn't get out of my driveway without a "Range Shift Inhibited", and it would pop up randomly while driving with DVT only connedted to the TCM. Now, with this update, I was able to drive about two 7 mile trips with the TCC locked. I got one SRI leaving a parking spot on my way home, but other than that on time, it seemed to only come up a few seconds after unlocking the TCC.

Edit: it seems my not getting a RSI on frist moving the firdt time may have been a fluke... with the exception of the very first time I started with DVT enabled, I've gotten a RSI shortly after enabling DVT, then after that, only when a command is disabled (Unlock the converter or uncheck "Hold X gear"). Having said that, it's still improved over the last release.
    Last edited by Cougar281; July 12th, 2008 at 03:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast