Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Logging beta update: April 14, 2008

OK, I've updated to the latest BB and firmware, all has gone OK so far. I've noticed a couple of things though....

1. I get nothing showing up in the "select PID" screen. As previously, I formatted the config files-system in the V2 then copied over the files. I did use my old options.ini file as I couldn't see a significant difference.
    2. DVT for the E38 is there !!!! Woo Hoo I've tried a few options out and they seem to work OK, except for the "Idle Speed" adjust. As soon as I activated it the revs rose to 1000 and slowly climbed. No amount of adjusting made any difference.
    3. Flash speed for the E38 is *HUGE* now. A full 256kb cal flash was done in 50 seconds! Previously it took about 2:30.
    4. Power saving mode works again.

It's all looking pretty good, all I need to know is what the go is with the PID selections. Any ideas?

Simon

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    OK, I've updated to the latest BB and firmware, all has gone OK so far. I've noticed a couple of things though....
    1. I get nothing showing up in the "select PID" screen. As previously, I formatted the config files-system in the V2 then copied over the files. I did use my old options.ini file as I couldn't see a significant difference.
    2. DVT for the E38 is there !!!! Woo Hoo I've tried a few options out and they seem to work OK, except for the "Idle Speed" adjust. As soon as I activated it the revs rose to 1000 and slowly climbed. No amount of adjusting made any difference.
    3. Flash speed for the E38 is *HUGE* now. A full 256kb cal flash was done in 50 seconds! Previously it took about 2:30.
    4. Power saving mode works again.

It's all looking pretty good, all I need to know is what the go is with the PID selections. Any ideas?

Simon
    We're still refining the DVT commands.

The Options.ini file has had a change that you will need to make to your own Options.ini:
    Change
    *VEHICLES
    to
    *PID_SELECTIONS

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Excellent. PID selections are now working. I'll try some more logging first thing tomorrow.

Thanks again Paul.

Simon

When is power save mode supposed to kick in...?

I am getting "error code $0194" when I try to write the "Config File" data .
    I did the firmware and boot block update , and "formated" the Config Files , then tried to write the new Config Files back in (highlight , Ctrl+A , drag then drop) , it makes it to the end but then gives me the "Error Code $0194 ( Write , file system error 20) , the files are not displayed until I stop EFILive Explorer program and restart it , then they appear , they all seem to be present , just get the error .
    FYI : Seems when I copy the T-42 and T-43 .pmm files is when it happens .
    Last edited by Chevy366; April 16th, 2008 at 05:16 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    I did the firmware and boot block update , and "formated" the Config Files , then tried to write the new Config Files back in (highlight , Ctrl+A , drag then drop) , it makes it to the end but then gives me the "Error Code $0194 ( Write , file system error 20) , the files are not displayed until I stop EFILive Explorer program and restart it , then they appear , they all seem to be present , just get the error .
    I had that same problem. I do not copy all the .ini files just the switch.ini and options.ini files along with the .pmm files. Sometimes I have to try the options.ini a 2nd time by itself and then it works.

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    I had the same problem. Because we have been rolling updating there is old files eg:

LS1-B
    LS1_B

all of the XXX-XXX files (with a dash not an underscore) are not needed and taking up all of the available config space. They are hanging around from a few updates ago when it changed the files names.

Just delete them and copy all of the underscore files over.

Jez

Paul,

I'm doing a catch up having missed a couple of patches.

I'm on 2.5.04 Boot (Oct 16th) (firmware 2.5.15 Mar 18th)

The readme PDS says I should...
    1. Program Firmware V2.05.16(0326)
    2. Program Boot Block V2.05.07(0412)
    3. Program firmware V2.05.16 (0412)

I can't find the file for step 1?? I guess it's on the download you've removed.
    Steps 2 & 3, should the filenames be xxx(0414).??

Can I ignore step 1 and jump to step 2 or will I toast my FS that way?

If I need the first file could you post on here (or mail me?)

Tks

Jim

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    When is power save mode supposed to kick in...?
    There's a user defined setting in the FlashScan setup screen.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Got to looking in the HAPI folder and found several .pmm files along with the Config Folder which contains both .pmm and -.pmm files , can I just delete the Config folder and re-run the zip to replace it ?
    And what are the .pmm files doing in the HAPI folder and not in the Config folder ?
    I also have a EFLIve Hapi folder in the EFILive Hapi folder , does it need to be there ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast