Thread: P0102 and P0153

Default P0102 and P0153

was driving the car around today and had a check engine light...pulled out the handheld scanner and found these 2 codes....recently installed LT headers and no cats on the car, tuned out the rear 02s....what would cause the slow response to sensor 1? And what causes the MAF low circuit one?
    thanks
    Kurt

Kurt,

P0102: either disabled MAF (for running in speed density mode) or there has been a failure in the MAF and/or it's wiring (not plugged in...?).

P0153: probably due to thin walled long tube headers loosing heat as the S21 is now located further back... might have to try different sensor, I'm not sure which anymore.

Cheers,
    Joe

thanks,
    Probably due to all these short trips i take...its a daily driver and my ride to work is 3.5 miles...Im going to erase the codes and see if they come back

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Kurt,

P0102: either disabled MAF (for running in speed density mode) or there has been a failure in the MAF and/or it's wiring (not plugged in...?).

P0153: probably due to thin walled long tube headers loosing heat as the S21 is now located further back... might have to try different sensor, I'm not sure which anymore.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Hi my car is a HSV GTS which had no MAF from the factory, but I am constantly getting P0102 code. Any ideas? It has recently had the MAP sensor changed as the car is SC.

Welcome to the forum turbo T.

I'm not familiar with your make and model vehicle, but if it was SD from the factory and utilizes a MAF based OS, then you will need at least one of the MAF failure codes (P0101-3) to properly run in SD.

Many thanks, I just searched and found Blacky had the same issue. I think I can just switch this DTC off in the software.

Just for grins check your 02 sensor fuse!

JR