Thread: Tuning without o2s question

Default Tuning without o2s question

I've been searching and reading what i can about fully tuning my car my question is when you have no o2s in the motor what value are really still working?I notice that my ltft always read zero like there on longer working.How about the ve table is that still active? And the maf can you still tune that without the o2s.The good thing is i do have a wideband and i can get my hand on some unleaded fuel to to some tuning but i can't run it at the track all i can say is 300 shot.The reason im asking these questions is im putting in a new cam and i know my tune is going to be off.Any help to get me going in the right direction would be great.Im not worryed about drivablity to much im pretty much a track guy and i just wanna make sure im not leaving power on the table because i have something not tuned right.

I guess theres no way to tune a maf without o2s i guess. :cry:

I am not for sure I understand all of your questions, or exactly what it is you are trying to do.

If you have a wideband, you can tune both your MAF and your VE table. If it is mostly a race car, why not just run SD mode. Use the WB to tune your VE and be done with it. If you do not have any O2's in your car, the LTFT's will be 0. LTFT's are computed in Closed Loop by comparing the actual AFR to the desired (stoich = 14.7:1). I am not too familiar with many different WB's, but the ones I do know about will not work well (or long) with leaded gasoline.

Hope that helps.