Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help with P0420 please

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    check the tune i posted....i have all those turned off and still throwing codes

if i cant figure a way to do it on the programming properly ill try something physical.
    Are you setting the DTCs listed to "Not Reported"?
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1 View Post
    Are you setting the DTCs listed to "Not Reported"?
    yes
    The tune is posted above, have a look, maybe im missing something

After some logging and checking codes yesterday it appears the code is popping due to the idle catalyst efficiency test.

I cant seem to find where to change test parameters on this OS :(

correct me if im wrong, this means the rear O2S arent getting hot enough, so ideas of moving them out of the stream a little with spacers would be redundant?

just a little update.

no thanks to EFI live, but i have found a solution.

On advice from some of of members here i tried the sparkplug anti-fouler (18mm) trick and after 2 weeks so far so good, no more check engine light.

$3 piece of hardware > $800 electronics

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    just a little update.

no thanks to EFI live, but i have found a solution.

On advice from some of of members here i tried the sparkplug anti-fouler (18mm) trick and after 2 weeks so far so good, no more check engine light.

$3 piece of hardware > $800 electronics
    If i were you i'd ask for a refund for the efli unit, that this is useless for the traiblazer pcm ever since the january updates, once you wrote your pcm with efi and the january update the pcm is screwy...i know i had to go see teh dealer so he could do a complete reflash from stock and then with hptuners ALL went good

Quote Originally Posted by pjaneiro View Post
    If i were you i'd ask for a refund for the efli unit, that this is useless for the traiblazer pcm ever since the january updates, once you wrote your pcm with efi and the january update the pcm is screwy...i know i had to go see teh dealer so he could do a complete reflash from stock and then with hptuners ALL went good
    You guys are either way off the mark in what you're trying to do, or there's a hidden agenda behind your postings.
    First point- EFILive is a tool, if you don't know how to use it, or are trying to use it to do something for which it was not designed, the problem lies with the user, not the tool. Also, most tools do not come with a baby-sitting service.
    Second point- HPTuners is also a tool, albeit an inferior one. Maybe the dealer doing a complete reflash eliminated a problem created by previous modifications.
    Third point- I have reflashed Trailblazer PCMs with the latest EFILive release with absolutely no problems.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1 View Post
    You guys are either way off the mark in what you're trying to do, or there's a hidden agenda behind your postings.
    First point- EFILive is a tool, if you don't know how to use it, or are trying to use it to do something for which it was not designed, the problem lies with the user, not the tool. Also, most tools do not come with a baby-sitting service.
    Second point- HPTuners is also a tool, albeit an inferior one. Maybe the dealer doing a complete reflash eliminated a problem created by previous modifications.
    Third point- I have reflashed Trailblazer PCMs with the latest EFILive release with absolutely no problems.
    1- I have no agenda,
    2- I know how the tool works
    3- because you don't have issues does not mean other don't, what year is your tb ? what revision is your pcm ? how do you use your unit ? what codes do you even disable ?

if you read the OP post, it's kinda hard to fuck it up when you just need to click on a code change it to disabled and then do write....so if you are telling me that the OP and myself can't do that....well, you should come over one day and see my lab...really i wonder if you would know half the instruments i use in my daily job....so please don't say to anyone they don't know what they are doing BEFORE learning about the situation or actually reading on it a bit, check around the forum you will see A LOT of similar issues concerning th new cals...

but just stating facts, i currently own a 2002 trailblazer, everthing was fine until they did the january updates, as soon as they did that, I was unable to have accerleration, the truck would be in limbo when i went wot, and anything i would write to it would "seem ok" but was never actually written, i had posted this issue, even the speedometer tables on efi are wrong, efilive does not write to the proper ones, i know some 2003 and 2004 also have this issue,

Now this problem can only be solved by having the dealer reflash to stock, i tried using the cals from efi and just dumping my backup, stayed the same, the nes cals adresses something that the pcm does not like, if you go on a certain forum you will see a lot of people not happy with their product ever since the updates

it used to be fine before, my po420 was properly written off, i never had a light, my codes for the rest would not pop up, and then poof

My friend came over with his hptuners i bought a licence and read the pcm, to my surprise not only were some settings never written such as po420 but my fuel tables were at zero upon wot, so....

on another note, i went to efans, and if you look at efile half the cels hptuners have are not there, hptuner might not be a good tool in your eyes, but i know a few companies dealing in traiblazers that have completely abandoned it for such reasons...

BTW if you want screen shots of all the stuff hpt does and efi live i would be more than happy, or if you want a copy of all the emails that were sent between me and efi or the dealer doing my tunes stating that indeed they are also having trouble with the efilife ever since their cal updates....
    Last edited by pjaneiro; July 26th, 2009 at 03:01 AM.

Default code 420 gone

the antifouler works great for me....50,000 miles without the 420....havent tried hp tuners.....many people sayit the best for the TB,,,,but I have mine working with efans thanks to a pcm signal I made...efi doesnt turn off all fan or exhaust errors period.220,000 miles of tuning my truck....even some programmers cant program all the pcm version this suv has....love my trailblazer but it always runs rich hence the 2004 changes and the fans suck if you high rev the engine....tranny made it 215,000 first one ever had make it past 100,000....efi did allow me to stiffen up the shifts allowing the clutches to last longer...3-4 gear shift is the one that just will keep getting worse with time....
    2003 TB EXT I-6 210,000 miles... Volant CAI.. NO CAT with magnaflow ..efans ...pcmforless tune and hotchkiss swaybar and air bags in back springs...new alt, pwr steering pump and water pump at 200,000 shooting for 300K or more

Lifetime Member

I feel I have to step in here. I honestly love EFILive, Im stoked beyond belief to use it to tune my 08 TBSS but tuning my 02 P10 is challenging. First it doesnt use a normal SD or alpha-N, its a hybrid system (not EFILives fault) and its only used in a select year 02-05 GMT360s. That said, I have tuned 6 P10s in 2 years (not much of a business but hey everyone loves my tune) and only have 1 issue with 3 acceleration tables not working under 1 2002 OS. Everything else, Ive got 3 02s (2 with the latest OS that has the accel table prob, mine is mid-year and doesnt), 1 03, and 2 04s.

Ive heard HPT has more P10 tables, and that may be so but unfortunately I cant afford or justify the $400 for their basic tuning package because thats a cost Id have to pass on to my customers and until I come across an issue like the one above I wont. FWIW, Ive run my personal 02 (OS 12575262) and Ive completely disabled everything related to the fan clutch and run it for half a day without a fan just running software changes. Ran great (tested it 2x on different days in different temps) until it started getting too hot and I had to plug the fan back in and flash the normal tune back.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Glad to hear your opinion, Erik. I've seen your posts over the years, and you probably have spent more time reflashing the P10 than anyone else. My experiences with EFILive and my opinion of it are the same as yours-- it's absolutely kick-ass software, and in my experience, the folks at EFILive have always gone above and beyond to help customers.

If I stepped on anyone's toes with my comment about a "hidden agenda", my apologies, but it wouldn't be the first time that an HPT weenie tried an underhanded method of discrediting EFILive. Hell, I was even banned from LS1tech a few years ago (by the HPT-affiliated "moderators") for having the temerity to suggest that someone should use EFILive to solve a problem.

Personally, I have absolutely nothing to gain or lose from a person's decision to use a particular brand of tuning software. I just have a problem with low-lifes who make things up and try to discredit honest, reputable people because they have a competitive-- and in my opinion clearly superior-- product.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast