Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: help with P0420 please

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1 View Post
    You guys are either way off the mark in what you're trying to do, or there's a hidden agenda behind your postings.
    First point- EFILive is a tool, if you don't know how to use it, or are trying to use it to do something for which it was not designed, the problem lies with the user, not the tool. Also, most tools do not come with a baby-sitting service.
    Second point- HPTuners is also a tool, albeit an inferior one. Maybe the dealer doing a complete reflash eliminated a problem created by previous modifications.
    Third point- I have reflashed Trailblazer PCMs with the latest EFILive release with absolutely no problems.
    i have no hidden agenda, i neither work for, nor am affiliatied with HPT in any way. The coding for the PC10 pcm doesnt do what is says its supposed to do, plain and simple. Im pissed that the one thing i bought the software to do (retune my wifes TB after CAI and cat removal) it wont do properly and theres about zero chance of getting any further support for this application.

regarless, the problem is fixed and i dont see any need to pick up a copy of HPT anytime soon(the wife punches me every time i mention the words "turbo trailblazer")

General TB stuff here , I have a 06 and have tuned a few 06s , tuning on the P12 is just a little shy of the LS1 PCMs , shame the P12 is used in more than just the TB .
    When the clutch fan goes out I will be looking to replace it with a e-fan setup if possible . I really wish there was more support for the P12 and TB in general , maybe when V8 is finished there will be more !
    EFILive is a nice software and love the fact that you can list a table and it is easily found (B3702) just by entering the table number code and hit enter , easy lookup among a host of other great features .
    I have a buddy that use HPTuners , he likes it , but he has also stated he wishes he had bought EFIlive instead of HPT .
    dfe1 , have to say the flame came on there , poor guy just wanted/needed help .
    Couple of years ago I , bitched and whined about TB support myself .
    TBs where one great platform , terrible GM killed them off .
    My $.02s
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    dfe1 , have to say the flame came on there , poor guy just wanted/needed help .
    Couple of years ago I , bitched and whined about TB support myself .
    TBs where one great platform , terrible GM killed them off .
    My $.02s
    Yeah, I may have jumped to an incorrect conclusion, but when someone complains about poor response from the EFILive crew, I get suspicious-- this forum is filled with responses from Paul and Ross, trying to help people with problems. As for anyone who doesn't want EFILive any more, it shouldn't be too hard to sell and at least get some money back.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Lifetime Member

Thanks dfe1, Im new to tuning and so Ive done lots of tiny changes over the last 3 years to get my TB tune to where it is now. I love it and those who have it do too, I tuned my friend's stock PCM with my custom setup and he says it makes a lot more useable power than the mail order tune he had. And he gets better gas mileage with 0 knock, but again we went for a few drives so I could tweak his truck a little here and there vs mail order just is a canned deal. Hell, with 3.42 gears (and 4WD), he gets 25mpg cruising at 65mph. Thats right, 25mpg! Repeatable, he doesnt have a DIC so its all hand calc'ed and this is over the past year. That is with 91 octane and 16" AT tires. I never drive at 65 for more than a few miles just because of the way seattle is setup, all my hwy is at 75-80 going east on I90 and Im happy to get ~20mpg. Wish it was better, but Ive also got 3.73 gears (big difference in rpms).

So back to tuning, Im going to ask my buddy with HPT to bring it to the TB meet Im having next saturday in Seattle and pull the tune on my 02. Then Ill really be able to see what HPT has/doesnt have for the P10s.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234