Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant upgrade to COS3

Default cant upgrade to COS3

When trying to do a full reflash of the COS i get an error, and it reports pcm is unknown stat.e It also says " cannot create file C:\programfiles\efilive\v7.5\Configuration\PCMLock s.ini access is denied. Its done this several times now. Thanks for any help. OS #12587603 COS#04073003

If you're running Windows Vista, it may be that you need to have administrator privileges.

Hmm, I will look into it. Im the only user on this vista computer so my account should have full privledges. I dont have problems with anything else tho.

Quote Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie View Post
    Hmm, I will look into it. Im the only user on this vista computer so my account should have full privledges. I dont have problems with anything else tho.
    You will have to run it as administrator OR you can give the whole efilive dir administrator rights.

Hmm. i looked it up and im the admin on the computer. Any other ideas, it still wouldnt work and reported the same error. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie View Post
    Hmm. i looked it up and im the admin on the computer. Any other ideas, it still wouldnt work and reported the same error. Thanks for any help.
    Right click on the Tune Tool icon and click "Run as Administrator", then click "Allow". I used to have the exact same problem and this would fix it but I got sick of doing it everytime so I gave premissions to the EFILive dir that "EVERYONE" can write to it.

Vista doesnt let you run as Administrator all the time, even if you have only one account. Its is part of its new security features and User Access Control aka PITA ( Pain In The Arse )

Jez
    Last edited by JezzaB; April 27th, 2008 at 02:01 PM.

Lifetime Member

UAC, first thing I turned off as Im the only user on my laptop. Dang UAC gets on my nerves the second I work on a friends PC, hate it with a passion.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

O, i was unaware that it would still block some things. Thanks for the input guys will try it again later. Ive only had this vista computerfor about a month...

Thank god for this thread! I was getting the same error and was getting frustrated, then I remembered reading this and ran the program as administrator and I'm now running on COS3.

Gunnar, welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast