Thread: tune help

Default tune help

finally got the truck moved over to COS3. BUt im still having WOT rich problems. The VE table isnt perfect in all area yet. The truck runs at 10-1 AFR at WOT. Other than that it is fine. CAn any one see anything in the tune that looks funny. Thanks for any help. The truck is a full bolt on cammed 4.8 liter. I was told that my VE looked funnyand i know it does i jsut dont know why. Perhaps it suggest a vaccuum leak. I also had trouble with a vaccuum leak on an injector swap a few weeks ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ben.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	3172  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by charcold-bowtie; April 29th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.

Lifetime Member

man how do you fill all those cells? I can't really get anything over 4kish in the low load cells...

Can you post the log for that screenshot. With your Bens around 2% at wot the only way you will be getting an AFR of 10 to 1 is if it is commanded. You still have B0701 cat convertor protection enabled. This may be the culprit.
    The Tremor at AIR

Well yes i can. The tune this velog is from is a stock OS tune. The tune in the first post is mr current sd tune. Also the log will be attached. thanks for anything ive been fightin this crap for weeks and my eyes bleed for research haha. I usuall cant keep it off the low load high rpm cells. Look at the log at the cell #'s. this is my new intended tune for auto ve in COS3 but its way lean, 20-1 for some reason.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by charcold-bowtie; April 29th, 2008 at 02:42 PM.

Change your B3647 table to 14.5 in the low map areas & enrichen in the high map areas. You may not be far enough away from stoich to prevent STFT from occuring. Turn off cat protection & then see how that goes. Make sure you restart from a stock VE table with about a 5% increase.
    The Tremor at AIR

Cool thanks. I will try all of the above. I was unaware of the stft might still have an effect. I was under the impression that as long as it wasnt that specific value, they wouldnt intervene.