Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 0411 conversion issue

Default 0411 conversion issue

I updated my 99Tahoe 4x4 with a 0411 PCM and am using a calibration from a 02 Express Van OS: 12212156

Everything is running great except when I place the truck in 4lo. When I do that it does not want to shift to any gear. It pretty much stays in 1st gear and will hit redline! If I put it in 4HI it works normally.

I have verified all my connections are correct and have been reading on a few forums of a few people having this problem. There is nothing really in the current tune which even references 4LO.
    Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated. If you need to check out my current tune let me know and I will attach it later today.

Thanks

Mark

I am going to try this again tonight, I built a jumper a liong time ago to try a 411 without repinning and I thought I had everything working. I didnt want to re-pin because I ended up using my 411 for another project and my other truck is stock anyway. I picked up another 411 today and am going to try it again.I think a trans segment swap should fix it?

I tried a trans segment swap from a 02 s10 with the same OS number.. didnt work.
    When I did the swap I just copied the transmission segment.

I even tried a full reflash the entire 411 with a tune from a 4.3 (ran like poo but it still wouldnt shift while in 4LO). Still dont work. I know the pin is in the right spot Red connector pin 16. I tried to put it in 4LO and ground that pin(put a permanent ground on it)
    still didnt work.

I have been looking around to make sure the 4LO pin is in the right spot but I found any data for the 411 pin inputs yet(except for the one lextech made up.)

well, I was sure i had it working, but I must not have. I also tried a trans segment swap and it didnt work. I also started with a 2002 silvy file and copied only the engine segment from a van over and that made it not start. I think it might be in the system part of the file or something.

Quote Originally Posted by makoskey View Post
    I tried a trans segment swap from a 02 s10 with the same OS number.. didnt work.
    When I did the swap I just copied the transmission segment.

I even tried a full reflash the entire 411 with a tune from a 4.3 (ran like poo but it still wouldnt shift while in 4LO). Still dont work. I know the pin is in the right spot Red connector pin 16. I tried to put it in 4LO and ground that pin(put a permanent ground on it)
    still didnt work.

I have been looking around to make sure the 4LO pin is in the right spot but I found any data for the 411 pin inputs yet(except for the one lextech made up.)

was your 4.3 tune from a 4x4 s10?

I wasn't sure. It just said S10. I tried 3 different ones though to be safe. 1 from a s10, blazer and the 3rd which you did silverado.

I tried emailing Justin at BlackBear but haven't heard anything back yet. Was hoping maybe he had an idea. I would really like to get this fixed!

I wonder if I can put that pin to another input that uses performance mode? I can just use the tables for performance portion when it goes to 4LO.

Part of the problem is like you said the OS. There isn't any other OS we can put into the 411 for a 5.7 vortec 4x4 with 4LO trigger..bummer
    Last edited by makoskey; April 29th, 2008 at 08:25 AM.

wel, I had my 411 programmed with a tech II with a 2002 ZR2 vin and calibration then read it out then copied engine cal,diag and fuel system and it works. I have a 98 pushbutton 4x4 and this file works I just tried it about 10 minutes ago, it shifts in 4 lo under part throttle and it will even shift in to 4th when going fast enough. I dont know where else to post this file, but I know there are many people that need it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

make sure that c2 pin 16 has ground when in 4 lo, I double checked this on mine and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    make sure that c2 pin 16 has ground when in 4 lo, I double checked this on mine and it works.

s10mods..thank you so much. It works. If you are ever in SiouxFalls, SD look me up..I owe you a few beers!!!

cool, thanks I dont know if I will get out that way but if I ever am, i'll take you up on that offer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast