Thread: V1 TO V2 UPGRADE, Says I need the latest software???

Lifetime Member

Default V1 TO V2 UPGRADE, Says I need the latest software???

I had to turn away 2 customers scheduled for a tune!!! I bought the V1 to V2 upgrade last week. I uploaded the software that cam with the upgrade V7.5 if memory serves me correct??? EFI themselves should know this...

I went to read the current tune on the cars and I would get a message when I would try to read pcm information saying something about that I need to upgrade my software???

I cannot bee the only person to have this problem, anything I am missing?? Do I have to delete V7.3 off my laptop completely?? I am running windows 98 and have never had an issue with the V1 at all, Figures I am trying to tune 99's and cannot...

Help???
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Scott,

You have to uninstall 7.3 and install 7.5.3 from here: showthread.php?t=7092

Lifetime Member

So I MUST uninstall the 7.3?????? How shoulc I go about keeping my old 7.3 tunes?? Save those files to a disc and reload them after installation on 7.5.3??

I tried the latest download without uninstalling the 7.3 and It still said software not compatable with V2 controller.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Hi Scott,

Your log/tune files will be kept under the folder My Documents\EFILive\V7... you probably should do a backup on this folder;
    V7.5 uses the folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 (see the link above, and the ReadMe.rtf).

Did you update the V2 firmware...? See item 3 in the ReadMe.rtf which is attached to this thread: showthread.php?t=7092

Cheers
    Joe