Thread: need a tune for 4l60e

Default need a tune for 4l60e

Hello I was wanting to know if any one here can tune a transmission for me. I have a 99 4l60e and have put a new engine in with greater horsepower. I am having the trans rebuilt and would like a better shift.. thanks for any help..

Lifetime Member

Basically bump the line pressures by ~10%, lower shift times, remove torque management, and adjust TCC lockup to your preferences. Thats about all Ive done with my 02 4L60E except add a Vette 1-2 servo.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Basically bump the line pressures by ~10%, lower shift times, remove torque management, and adjust TCC lockup to your preferences. Thats about all Ive done with my 02 4L60E except add a Vette 1-2 servo.
    i was wondering if there was any way i could get a copy of your trans tune i basically have the same setup as you on an 02 TA. all im really trying to do is get rid of torque management but i am clueless on where to start.

Lifetime Member

Post your tune up man and Ill make some changes to it. I can point you in the right direction, but you are going to have to fine tune it for sure. Stock you are making a lot more hp/tq than I am, so while I can run 0 TM and 0 shift times, doing that on a stock 4L60E in a TA is probably a bad idea.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Post your tune up man and Ill make some changes to it. I can point you in the right direction, but you are going to have to fine tune it for sure. Stock you are making a lot more hp/tq than I am, so while I can run 0 TM and 0 shift times, doing that on a stock 4L60E in a TA is probably a bad idea.
    i just put in a stage 2 4l60E in the car and its supposed to handle up to 550 hp and 600 lbs trq and i know im not running anywhere near that right now but im not too scared of hurting this transmission i am on a different computer right now i will upload my tune as soon as i get back to washington. should be here in a week.

Lifetime Member

Yea post your tune and several guys would be willing to help..

heres the latest tune and the only thing i cant figure out is the torque reduction in the engine part of the tune i dont know where i should be setting this. im pretty sure that i got all of torque management all deleted out. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

and i have one more problem i was wondering how i would change the kickdown from 2 to 1 to still be able to kick down at 35 mph i can do it manually i just want it to do it without hitting the shifter maybe even a little more than 35 i dont remember how far 1st really goes.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigbucks39 View Post
    heres the latest tune and the only thing i cant figure out is the torque reduction in the engine part of the tune i dont know where i should be setting this. im pretty sure that i got all of torque management all deleted out. thanks
    You can log a certain PID to see if TM is still active..
    Im lookin for it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbucks39 View Post
    and i have one more problem i was wondering how i would change the kickdown from 2 to 1 to still be able to kick down at 35 mph i can do it manually i just want it to do it without hitting the shifter maybe even a little more than 35 i dont remember how far 1st really goes.
    Ok for your Downshift.. look at D0925... Set that to your desired MPH.

What you can do is record a log from a dead stop and go wide open.. Look at what MPH your shifting 1-2... you can subtract 10-12ish from that and enter that into D0925...