Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E38 L76 without vss and MAF Throttle 30% Max

Default E38 L76 without vss and MAF Throttle 30% Max

I have been looking at a conversion into a 4wd it has no MAF or speed sensor. It has a standard E38 ecu form Holden. There were multiple codes, mostly I have deleted regarding A/C, VATS, and TCM communication, the main issue being the throttle will only open 30%, the pedal demand is 100% but actual throttle angle is 30% if driven, it can go to 40% free revving. By deleting the codes the throttle has lifted from about 10% to where I'm at now. Also the fans run continously with the engine running, not ign on though. I've run the LS1 without vss, has anyone tried the E38? I've only played with MAF engines can a MAF setting cause the throttle to not open fully?

Cheers

Joel

its not related to the codes or anything like that,

i can fix both the fans and throttle problems you have, i have spent many hours on L76 conversions with the E38 PCM etc

PM me if you want me to fix it,

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec_rx7 View Post
    its not related to the codes or anything like that,

i can fix both the fans and throttle problems you have, i have spent many hours on L76 conversions with the E38 PCM etc

PM me if you want me to fix it,
    can you explain it here for the rest of us to know. I know of some one thinking about the conversion.

"can you explain it here for the rest of us to know. I know of some one thinking about the conversion"

I'm not sure that they will explain, give away trade secrets... you have to realise that some tuners put in a lot of time effort and loss of $$$$$$ to try and solve particular problems like this and for them to tell you every little in and out is basically them giving away their work/lively hood. I do understand that this is a forum for sharing and learning knowledge etc... so when tuners/new tuners require help they may/will be shown the general direction in which to proceed but there are some things that may go unanswered from time to time... hope you realise and understand this...

If you or someone else is considering a conversion why not if you run in to trouble speak to a workshop that has carried out conversion like that and see if they can help or see how much it will cost.

I stuffed around with various calibrations (L98, LQ9) and ended up with an
    L76 manual calibration from OZtracktuning as a baseline, it cost but was worth it to not be messing around indefinetly. I had to bybass the boot block to do a full flash with that calibration whereas the others I did not, I think it must have been some sort of missmatch between the ETC and the callibration. The origional Callibration wouldnt rev over 3000 rpm and 30 percent throttle with fans running constantly (L76 VZ Auto as was in the ECU), the LQ9 managed 4000 rpm and full throttle but would throttle limit despite any changes to torque reduction, rev or speed limiting, the fans ran as requested. There is obviously a lot more to these ECU's than we are seeing as yet.
    Interestingly the L98 callibration had no spark.
    Thanks to 10sec_rx7 for his offer but the time of shipping to Sydney and back with the ECU was a problem and OZtracktuning was gracious enough to let me make sure the callibration worked before having to pay.

Well i am glad to hear you have it sorted.... i hope you understood my comments as i feel alot of forum users get very hostile at other forum members who do not share information freely as they sometimes forget to realise that their knowledge is their bread and butter so to speak.. but once again good to hear it is sorted and good luck with the rest of the project... (i have been following your posts and am quite interested in the DOD one as that is something i will be trying and have all the information... just need the car - mine is a L98 equiped so no good )

actually just out of curiosity where did you get the E38 from?

The car was supplied to me with engine installed, ECU wired and such, but I was informed it came from a Holden dealer and had been to Fonzie to be flashed, the file looked stock though. Oztracktuning mentioned Holden have had some issues with them and have been having to re-flash them as they are fitted to vehicles.
    Hoping to get onto the DOD week after next.

no worries .. strange it had that problem if Phonsie had done the first tune...

yeh look forward to the DOD results .

Yes but I don't know what information he was given.

Yes but I dont know what info he was given and he never saw the vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast