Thread: Auto VE question

Default Auto VE question

I have done a drive a everything went great. However I am have a problem with the filters. I set them up and then when I click the apply filter button I get this error. Filter: TPS Move too fast or Coolant Temp references unselected PID: Filter will not be applied. I have all the pid selected from my pid list just like the auto ve download. Thanks.
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

Look at your filter again and make sure the PIDs it contains exactly match the PIDs you have selected in F8, right down to units. If you have SAE.TP selected in F8 but GM.TP selected in you filter, that won't work. Similarly, if you have SAE.ECT being logged in Fahrenheit but have the filter using Celsius, for instance, I suspect you would get this error message (although I must admit that I didn't try it to see...)
    2004 Pontiac GTO - Quicksilver/red/m6
    1-of-344

GTO,

I fixed my problem I went back to look at the the filter and I found my problem. I left the <empty space> in my filter and that is what was giving me my error. Thanks for the help bro.
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

Ah! Ummm... Yeah, I guess that would do it, I think.

OK, I got the same error but I'm using the selected PIDS button which means I can only choose from PIDS which I've selected. It says I'm "referencing unselected PID: ."

What is PID . (dot?)

Answer: <empty filter item>

I removed the empty filter item which is created when building a filter and shows in the instructions to VEAutotune and it removed the error message and allowed me to run the filter.