Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '08 TBSS E67 fan control?

Default '08 TBSS E67 fan control?

When looking at OS 12618164 on an '08 TBSS there are no electric fan control options. GM went to a full mechanical engine driven fan for '08 on the TBSS. A popular mod is to incorporate the '07 Corvette electric fans with fan controller (PWM driven) or using LS1 fbody fans (relay controlled) off of pin 49 of connector 3 on the E67. Until now, people have been having to revert back to the 07 OS to gain the electric fans function of the E67 (so I'm told). Would it be possible to apply a fan patch or a custom OS with a segment swap for the 12618164 OS to allow fan controls on pin 49? Also, could it be included for the fan patch that we can have a lower parameter than 192* F for table G0901?

Thanks,

Jay
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Crap, guess the 09s will prob be the same way. What a PITA, I still cant run efans on my I6 and now GM is making it impossible for the LS2 as well. Wow GM. I cant speak for EFILive, but if its something that can be gained from full flashing an 07 OS, maybe part of an 07 OS can be merged with an 08 one? Dont know how long that would take or how involved.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I was hoping to be able to do that but you can't swap segments with a different OS (as far as I know). I was hoping that it could be done on a higher level and applied as a patch or custom OS. I know HPT has the ability to apply the patch (on 06 and 07) but I'm an EFILive kind of guy.

Jay
    Last edited by JAY4SPEED; April 30th, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

Lifetime Member

I didnt think you could segment swap from different OSs, thanks for confirming that. But you're right, maybe the EFILive team can make a patch so its a few clicks...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Well I must be missing something with all this. From what I have seen there is a lot of parameters and tables that need to be set up for correct fan operation (on the E38 at least).
    I would be very surprised if it was a simple as telling the ECM the fan type (discrete / PWM etc) and having everything work, maybe I am wrong if others have done it so simply.
    If we get all the fan controls in I know there will be at least two people who can stop sending me Emails about it

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure your probably aware that the '06 TBSS used an E40 ECM and the '07 and '08 TBSS uses an E67.

The table in which I was speaking of was G0910 in the '06 TBSS E40 OS posted below. You can switch the output of the pin of the ECM to whatever you need for fan control (G0910). The '07 and '06 TBSS shared the same type of ectroviscous fan setup that both were controlled by the ECM. (I'm assuming the '07 E67 system segment is the same as the '06 E40 because I do not have an '07 TBSS E67 file on hand) I'm assuming that both the '06 and '07 OSs have G0910 in common. In the '08 TBSS E67 OS that I posted in the first link (the file from my personal vehicle), it seems those tables were deleted because of the vehicle using the mechanical engine driven fan setup.

Assuming that the '07 TBSS E67 OS system segment is similar to the '06 E40 TBSS system segment, could that same system segment be applied to the '08 E67 OS?

If we get all the fan controls in I know there will be at least two people who can stop sending me Emails about it
    The reason why we are asking for this is that it is a very common mod to do to this vehicle and right now the only option to have this done is through HPT as a patch, therefore HPT has a big market share of the TBSS tuning clientèle. I'd like to see EFILive gain some of the TBSS clientèle as I belive that EFILive is superior to HPT in every other aspect of tuning. If we can get this to work, I'll be doing a writeup on "how to do the efan setup yourself" featuring EFILive on the TBSS forums and give some of the other guys an alternative and "show them the light" with EFILive instead of buying a fan kit and sending your ECM in to be patched and locked by some of the HPT mail order tuners doing the conversion.

Here are the OSs for comparison: By the way does anyone have a stock '07 TBSS E67 file that I can look over?

I would also like to see this. Ive got my fans on my tbss on an on-off switch and its getting old!

I believe my friends 06 just switched it to discrete and that was it, but i dont have this option (mines an 07)

Quote Originally Posted by Low03noma View Post
    I would also like to see this. Ive got my fans on my tbss on an on-off switch and its getting old!

I believe my friends 06 just switched it to discrete and that was it, but i dont have this option (mines an 07)
    Would you happen to have a copy of your stock .tun file? If so would you email it to me or post it up (email jay4speed@cox.net ) I'm looking for differences (if any) between the '06 files and the '07 files for fan control. Thanks!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JAY4SPEED View Post
    Would you happen to have a copy of your stock .tun file? If so would you email it to me or post it up (email jay4speed@cox.net ) I'm looking for differences (if any) between the '06 files and the '07 files for fan control. Thanks!

Jay
    Ive got it, ill try to remember to post it up after work..

Thanks looking forward to it!

Jay

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast