Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: '08 TBSS E67 fan control?

Lifetime Member

Holy dead thread batman, but Id love to get an XLR-V stock read.

Any one in the greater Seattle/NW area have access to a Tech II? I have an extra E67 we can flash, Id rather not send it out unless we're out of options.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Here's the cal from an 08.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Justin, thanks a TON man. Going to play around with that file and see if I cant use it on my SS.

They also use a T43 for the TCM right? I see it says 5L40E for the trans, everything Ive looked at says in 07 they switched to a 6spd?
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

The above car has the T43. MYC - TRANSMISSION AUTO 6 SPD, HMD, 6L80
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Lifetime Member

Thanks Al, anyone happen to have a copy of the TCM tune? With a 6L80E, if the ECM OS communicates with the T42 and T43 controllers like Andy said earlier (about using it for efans, so I assume it works with T42s) then this could be our magic ECM+TCM OS setup for GMT360 6L80E swaps. Not getting my hopes up too much, but Ill spend some time this weekend and setup the XLR-V tune to work with my LS2.
    ~Erik~

I don't have the TCM file, sorry.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Lifetime Member

This may be a very basic question, but this thread has caused me to wonder about just what is in the different Calibrations vs. what is carried over in a Segment swap. My quick understanding is this: (Please help me understand if any of this is correct or makes sense.)

Under the Calibration Identifiers section:
    OS - contains all the code to make the whatever (engine, transmission or both engine and transmission) run.
    Calibration - Not sure, maybe just the cal's required for whatever sensors are connected to the ECM/PCM

Under the Segment section:
    The Engine Calibration and Diagnostics, Transmission Calibration / Diagnostics all contains whatever is shown under those headings in EFI Live. Thus when / if we are able to swap segments, this implies that it is truely plug/play and the tables should play nicely (BIG assumption).

Further theroizing ... IF we had a Tech II, then there is a way to mix and match just about any of these cals, BUT you better know what your doing or else you just make a door stop and bricked your ECM / PCM. Guessing that this was what the others were talking about when HPT's was creating a custome OS for the TB's to support e-fans.

Default efans on e67

OK so has anyone finnished up the electric fan question? The trail blazer file that I have has a table for efans but when I go to discrete it doesnt work like the e40 ecm. Is the fix for this using a front drive tune??

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    This may be a very basic question, but this thread has caused me to wonder about just what is in the different Calibrations vs. what is carried over in a Segment swap. My quick understanding is this: (Please help me understand if any of this is correct or makes sense.)

Under the Calibration Identifiers section:
    OS - contains all the code to make the whatever (engine, transmission or both engine and transmission) run.
    Calibration - Not sure, maybe just the cal's required for whatever sensors are connected to the ECM/PCM

Under the Segment section:
    The Engine Calibration and Diagnostics, Transmission Calibration / Diagnostics all contains whatever is shown under those headings in EFI Live. Thus when / if we are able to swap segments, this implies that it is truely plug/play and the tables should play nicely (BIG assumption).

Further theroizing ... IF we had a Tech II, then there is a way to mix and match just about any of these cals, BUT you better know what your doing or else you just make a door stop and bricked your ECM / PCM. Guessing that this was what the others were talking about when HPT's was creating a custome OS for the TB's to support e-fans.
    Just one guy tryin' to make a difference

Question

is there anyway to get the ls1 style fans to work on a 06 tbss E40 using the 1 wire mechanical fan plug to run in the 2 speeds low and high?

also are the snapshots of efi live taken in this forum here http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301 correct for enabling ls1 fans using the 1 wire mechanical fan plug on a 06 tbss e40?

is there anyway to get the ls1 style efans to do the low and high like they can do on the f bodies using the single wire plug up by the fan shroud on a 06 tbss
    I RATHER BE BLOWN & STROKED THAN SPRAYED

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789